superbowl half time

JensenPark

S! JP, now that is impressive.

I attempt to educate my fellow students into the merits of classic rock, but to no avail.

The fretword of Townshend is just amazing.

7.52 is liquified awesome.

Hendrix smashed guitars, The Who bashed the entire set. Love 'em.

• 2. Administrators

I'm afraid The Who never really did it for me, they were a little before my time in any case. My tastes have always been on the heavier side of Townshend and co, although I've enjoyed seeing bands cover their stuff (Van Halen did an awesome cover of Won't Get Fooled Again at the NEC a few years back).

I don't do opera either Jim - it's just not my cup of tea.

Jabo

Who's bashing? (excuse the pun)  I just said they weren't my cup of tea. You should see the rubbish on my ipod.

And no, 'rubbish' wasn't the first word I was going to use.

Just kidding! My tastes run a bit harder too. (that didn't come out right) But my musical tastes tend to run with my mood. (Mercurial to say the least).

• 2. Administrators

Lol, I know you were m8. I've currently got "Master Of Puppets" playing in the background. :headbang: but it could easily be Fleetwood Mac or Slayer next...so...

The Vulcan's probably one of the loudest aircraft on the airshow circuit, but the two loudest aircraft I've ever heard was the SR71 lifting off with afterburners lit at RAF Fairford followed closely by the Saab Viggen. Real groundshakers.

Jabo

PS, apologies for the thread-jack.

I've never had the pleasure of hearing either the Vulcan or the SR71, but my guess is its hard to beat a Harrier hovering in close proximity. (I don't think this is to far off topic, a discussion of the Who naturally lends itself to a consideration of the loudest things on the planet.)