4.09m official patch released today.

Blairgowrie

I read at least one post that says 4.09 official does not work with Mods. I am going to do a separate install, then make a copy and check it for my self. I think I'm coming down with a cold or something, I'm not so sure I can make it into work tomorrow. Cough, Cough, :drunken_smilie: ach, it's getting worse.........

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question i have 1 install with the 408-409 switcher which i use for pedestal and co-ops (switching between mods when nessesary), to play the campaign on sunday do i have to

a) LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!

b)install into existing install

c)new install

thx in advance

quick question i have 1 install with the 408-409 switcher which i use for pedestal and co-ops (switching between mods when nessesary), to play the campaign on sunday do i have to

a) LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!

b)install into existing install

c)new install

thx in advance

That describes me as well.

OK, official testing so far: Installing the UI over the new 4.09 doesn't nuke the game or anything but it does revert back to 4.09 Beta. Net result: nothing. The good news is it should be easy for AAA to fix, it's just a matter of removing 4.09B1m from the package! (er...I think) I think my next experiment will be to try just the sound mod or perhaps one of the other Mod packs.

ITS ALIVE!!! MAUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :evil7:

I think some of you are making this overly complicated. The 4.09m final is just an interim step until AAA and our techies figure out what has to be done to get us to the "final solution". We will still be flying mostly with the current switcher on 4.09 modded.

IF you want to install the new 4.09m final patch and fly some of the new aircraft, all you need to do is install it over a clean copy of 4.07m, the 4.08m patch and add the no CD crack. All this stuff is in the vault. Waiting until the dust settles ain't going to buy you much.

No cd crack is here: http://www.dangerdogz.com/K9Vault/p13_sectionid/8/p13_fileid/67

4.08m patch is here: http://www.dangerdogz.com/K9Vault/p13_sectionid/8/p13_fileid/72

As far as the new skins are concerned, they are simply optional for those who have to have everything.

:bg:

His Lord and Sire, Grand Knight of the 26 Ouncer, BG is right...

all I did was 'copy, paste' the original patched version of 1946 to a new spot, and installed the 4.09m version there and voila...works perfect.

for fun (or stupidity) I did another 'copy paste' but of the fully modded version...then installed 4.09m.

I think some of you are making this overly complicated. The 4.09m final is just an interim step until AAA and our techies figure out what has to be done to get us to the "final solution". We will still be flying mostly with the current switcher on 4.09 modded.

IF you want to install the new 4.09m final patch and fly some of the new aircraft, all you need to do is install it over a clean copy of 4.07m, the 4.08m patch and add the no CD crack. All this stuff is in the vault. Waiting until the dust settles ain't going to buy you much.

:bg:

I was planning to install it over a saved version of 4.08. Is it better to install it over a clean install of 4.07 from the disc, then the 4.08 patch and finally 4.09?

The installation of the 4.09m patch is not the problem.

Rename is your friend here, Tribunus. Once you have your clean 4.07 + 4.08 + 4.09 folder name it what you like then send the exe. from that folder to your desk top and rename the shortcut the same (just so you can tell it apart) and just use that shortcut to launch 4.09. Or you can just wait a few days. I suspect AAA will have it sorted soon enough.

Sulky, as a rule we don't like to "upset the cart" around here. Everything will stay the same until most of us are set up, then everyone else will get dragged kicking and screaming into the future. (This will take several weeks at least)

• 1. DDz Quorum
THEN copy the that F4U Short Cut box to my desktop.

Patch your copy, then when done use explorer and navigate to the folder with the copy, find and select (left click once only) the IL2FB.exe file, then right click and select 'Send to .. Desktop as shortcut'

This will place the shortcut on your desktop, now find said shortcut on desktop and rename it to, say, IL2 4.09 Final, and you are done.