Re: I don't like Facebook

Blairgowrie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate it aswell. It has a lot of wierd passive aggressiveness to it. Also with a lot of self-involved idiots posting the exhilarating minutae of their lives, I have stopped using it. I am not really interested in the thousands (not kidding) of displays of poor photography depicting drunk people. 

I really hate it aswell. It has a lot of wierd passive aggressiveness to it. Also with a lot of self-involved idiots posting the exhilarating minutae of their lives, I have stopped using it. I am not really interested in the thousands (not kidding) of displays of poor photography depicting drunk people. 

I'ts not all that and a bag of chips for sure.

But it has allowed me more interaction with my College Student offspring.

Its sort of a " Spy on Friends and Family Network" than anything.

You can Block people, and set to Private, Friends and Family Only, if you like. 

I'ts not all that and a bag of chips for sure.

But it has allowed me more interaction with my College Student offspring.

Its sort of a " Spy on Friends and Family Network" than anything.

You can Block people, and set to Private, Friends and Family Only, if you like. 

I'm with BG on this.

Better to have a low profile.

Anything you put there stays forever. It won't be used to help you. It may however be used against you later.

Even your Google searches are saved somewhere out there. For secure 'anonymous' searching use cuil.com

I'm with BG on this.

Better to have a low profile.

Anything you put there stays forever. It won't be used to help you. It may however be used against you later.

Even your Google searches are saved somewhere out there. For secure 'anonymous' searching use cuil.com

Ditto, I ignore, and block all applications, unless it peaks my interest.

The if it does, who ever made it, must know what there doing to grab me, even for a second to decide to just go ahead and block it.

Ditto, I ignore, and block all applications, unless it peaks my interest.

The if it does, who ever made it, must know what there doing to grab me, even for a second to decide to just go ahead and block it.

it can be a great tool to share photos (faster than photobucket, flickr) and keep track of people - but good lord is it ever a time vampire for the weak-minded and obsessive compulsive.

my wife used to spend 5 hours a day on it...sending 'drinks' to friends...sending 'zombies' to attack others and other shit.