Oh the pain...

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Here's the thing chaps. Finally took the plunge and changed my 5-year old Saitek stick for a nice new X52 pro. There's one minor issue though. How the devil do you get it set up? I've been trying most of this evening, and I'm blowed if I can work it out. Could one of you kind people who know how to do this help out a dog in distress please? The basic controls (programmed through the hotas section in-game) are OK, but using the SST...Well, lets just say I've not been having much fun.

Thanks in advance

~S~ Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Hi Jabo,

I can send you a working (but unfinished) profile that you can modify, if that would help.

Please, I'm just wanting some pointers on how to set the blasted thing up. Macros and the other whizzy stuff can wait. Anything you can send me will be much appreciated. Email addy in profile m8.

I'll spend some time on TS and help you out Jabo, the x52 is an unruly beast but once tamed will be a great stick.

Thanks Jedi, are you sure you want to take this challenge on? See you online (probably Thursday even.)

~S~ Jabo

I set up everything through the game interface withe the exception of 1 "push to talk" key. If I don't load the profile my PTT key doesn't work.

I used the left thumb button in the center of the trim wheel below button "D". Called the clutch button.

Lucky you though, new software was just released with graphic interface.

There's a thread somewhere here......got it

http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums/index.php/topic,7128.0.html

• 1. DDz Quorum

You've seen the setup... :)

In reality, there are three stages to setting up a stick like this.

Firstly you need to work through the 'Control' settings in the game and assign keys to tasks - fun, but you will need an idea of what you want on keys.

Secondly you set up the stick using the SST software based on the key settings you have done.

Thirdly, spend too many hours tweaking it to satisfaction.... :madpc:

Sid

• 2. Administrators

No, no, the stick's all installed and works in game fine (the basic controls, pitch,roll, yaw and throttle along with all 8 fire buttons! Why do I need 8 fire buttons? Can't hit anything with one so...). The Pain I was referring to is really with the SST. It would be nice to have a graphical version, but this doesn't seem to be an option with Vista, you get the table version or nothing. Anyway, I think I'm getting to grips with this now as I removed all my key mappings, then put them all back in again

• 2. Administrators

Just downloading it now Crash - I'll let you know how I get on. Incidentally, you don't have to register on their forum, I just went on and found the post as a guest, and clicked the download link

~S~ Jabo