Remotely accessing my PC?

Tonar

if u use Messenger Live there is option for remote control. and it is free. VNC is also free but requires installation of VNC software on both machines.

both solutions are very good.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I use www.showmypc.com

Its free and is simple to use with no software to install.

Once on the home page you get 2 options, show my pc and view a pc. Obviously each person selects the correct option.

The person who is opening up their pc will be asked to run a program (which does not stay on the pc). This will generate a key sequence. This key sequence is given to the person waiting to view your machine. Once used this key is disposed of so can not be used again.

If anyone wants to use it with me to get a feel for it, just let me know.

Another piece of software i have use is www.logmein.com

This is again free but requires some software to be downloaded and installed. But it is useful if you access another pc on a regular basis, again if anyone wants to talk to me about this I will be glad to help.

Cheers

Friar.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I use Gotomypc from gotomypc.com, because I have to traverse a corporate firewall, and couldn't be bothered to set up a SSH tunnel.

It is quite expensive, but allows 3 hosts and can even be used on a windows based smartphone :)

I can send out 2 month trial invites (standard invite is 1 month) for anyone in a pinch and needing it.

It is very good, for the techies amongst us it is a Citrix company ;) ;)