joystick free to a good home

Crash

Thanks for the offer, I looked on Ebay but the gameport to USB do not work on Sidewinder FFB :( I was convinced the the soundcard had a game port but that was the OLD card! The motherboard has a gameport header but I can't find the cable to connect to it so its back to Ebay. My X52 is ok but I fancy trying a FFB stick.

dont try it brother..........once you do you'll never go back.

You dogz will see a grown man cry (over a toy) when mine breaks.

Maybe I should be doing what BG and Pooka have been doing (hiding a closet full), just in case mine does break.

Time to start scouring eBay or GoGamer.........

• 1. DDz Quorum

I thought you meant the soundcard too....

I get really p@##ed off on ebay with the MS FFB sticks - I've bid for one many a time (UK) but always loose it, sometimes at the last minute. I must have tried eight over the past year. The price over here ends up about £90 on ebay so I don't bother bidding now.

Just a reminder to others, like myself, who have the old MS Force Feedback Pro sticks with the Gameport connector; all these gameport-to-usb connectors you see on eBay, dirt cheap, are 99% certain not to work with these sticks. As usual with Micro$oft, they altered the wiring from standard, and so these cheap connectors won't work.

You need to get hold of the proper MS convertors, god knows where?

So we're okay as we are with XP, but Vista doesn't support gameport. But its not like we'll all be rushing out to 'downgrade' to Vista.