New Parish Newsletter

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

As the boards have been a quiet over the past couple of days thought it a suitable time to publish the next parish Newsletter.

Village Dance – Review.

Last Friday saw the first of our community gatherings in the church hall. It was lovely to see so many of the villages all gathered together in one place at the same time.

The function had been arranged to help raise money for the Priory Sanctuary for fallen women. It warms the heart to see that so many of you would volunteer to help catch one.

There were some problems with villages being able to get into the hall I know. This lag was due to some un thoughtful parking of a logging tractor. I shall have a word at the next committee meeting. For those not wishing to stand we put out some seats with rows B-G reserved for the senior members of the community.

Once in side the hall it was a shame to note that people did seem to divide into two specific groups with some none to pleasant looks being exchanged between them. I do not like to name names but the situation was not helped by Mrs PA in less than a suitable dress for the occasion.

Many congratulations must be passed on to the villages that formed a small band for the night, the music was certainly played at a lick, many tunes played at the double. Tap dancing seemed to be breaking out all around the hall. The rhythm was kept going wonderfully by the guitarman. 68 different “riffsâ€