Stuvi Bombsight.

I had never really messed around with the dive-bomb sight on the Stuka till yesterday.

BA, Painless, and me had a play around with it, and found it's dead easy to use, and also dead acccurate!

On Ju 87s up to the D3 model, just tap in the desired bomb release altitude, (800m worked for me) and when

the dive brake is engaged, get vertical and point the crosshairs at the target.

At 800m the bombs will auto-drop, and the plane will automatically pull out of the dive.

We were all able to hit a ship or bridge almost every time. Woo hoo! :)

The D5 model and the Ju 88 use a slightly more sophisticated version. You have to enter height and speed into

the Stuvi. I used 1000m and 420kmh. (for a target at sea level)

Again it is activated by the dive-brake. As you get nearly vertical, a moving pipper will appear from the bottom of the

cross-hairs. Keep this pipper on the target. when the pre-set height and speed is reached, a horn will sound in the cockpit.

On hearing this, toggle your bombs. Goodbye target. The plane will automatically pull out of the dive.

I guess this is old news to some, but it is new to me, and we had a lot of fun playing with it. Cheers BA and Painless.

Nice one chaps, I'll have to test this further myself, as I prefer to switch off the automated part and dive bomb manually.

I found with the earlier model dive-sight, I'd flip over and dive down on the target. Then as I was adjusting my angle so the dive sight was placed over the target, all of a sudden the bombs would be dropped too early and the Stuka pulled out of the dive itself as it reached the default set altitude, before I was happy that I had the dive-sight dead on target.

:soapbox:

That makes me want to go create a co-op with about 12 Stukas and place a huge ground target for them to attack, maybe a factory complex or a load of static tanks.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Q masked, heavy breathing...."Come over to the Blue Side Painless, you know it's right. Release your true feelings.....try it. Blue bastiges have more varied and exciting planes...."

Hey GK, that sounds excellent.

Could you put in an 88 for Painless? He's going ballistic in that thing. :)

Sunday may be a bit thin m8. JO has a quarterly mission (CTE) this Sunday at 7-00 pm GMT, and a few of

the lads will probably fly that. Tuesdays good though.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all,

Been a convert to the 88 for a year now- it's a fine plane to fly with one other human to coordinate the gunnery with... however to do this to it's potential really needs around 3-5 in formation. Now that's something I'd be up for!

Been doing a fair bit of offline stuff recently esp4.09 MTO maps- anti-shipping with recon elements etc. Anyone interested?

Cheers fer noo, Rob

Hi Redwulf. Welcome to the Danger Dogz Forum m8.

Very few of us are flying 4.09m. We have such a large squad, we are a bit cautious of moving too swiftly. I just wish Oleg would get off his duff and take it final.

But as you see we have some 88 enthusiasts and I am sure they would be interested in some of your ideas. If you want, you can come fly with us this coming Sunday as a guest and I'll make sure you have some 88's to fly in our coops. We usually get started around 7:30pm UK time and I can send you some server details if you would like. :bg: 

p.s. I'm using the earliest Stuka model, the B2. So as Klinger has already mentioned about the dive sight, it's default set to 750m. So all you have to do is throttle back, dive break on, roll-over and hold your gunsight on your target till 750m. Then the bomb is dropped and A/C pulled out of the dive.

To adjust this sight I'm assuming that you have o use the 'bombsight hight+/- binds?

Where does the drop hight show on the controlpanel?