Sound mod?

Knight

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get the sound mod here plus a while bunch of new flyables here. Suggest you copy your existing game and install the mods to the copy. Please don't use the mod version when you join my server plse. It has caused some people problems.

http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/index.php

There has been a fair amount discussion on the mods on these boards and a number of us have opted not to use them.

http://www.dangerdogz.com/component/opt ... pic,2960.0

hmm, i wouldnt of thought sound files would effect anybody else on a network, as sound files are not shared, and as such just the sound files should be fine, but ill make a seperate copy :(

thinking about it...and looking at the mod itself, its the new flyable aircraft that will mess up other people, and as such im trying to work out how not to install the aircraft and just the sound files.

I'm with the no-mod crowd, if only for the simple fact that I pretty much only fly online, either with the Dogz or on Hyperlobby where I wear my uniform proudly. Because of that I would rather not take the chance of causing problems for other guy's or allow even the possibility of the appearance of impropriety. (say that three times fast) I'm not the type to asume that everyone who uses the mods are cheaters, but I just prefer to stay out of that debate. There are other hills much more important to fight for.

rgr guys, ill do some more digging into the file sctructure of the sound mod, see if i can find out what could cause a problem, as i said earlier, i 100% think its the flyable aircraft it adds, which would affect my game on a network, as these files are shared, so ill do some digging around the files and see what i can do.

all of this will done on a seperate install of IL-2 on an External HDD.

my only reason for wanting the sound mod, im sick and tired of the same old buuuuuuur of every plane.

I saw one of the guys from a Brasilian squadron on Spits vs 109's last night doing that little "stutter lag" flying...little pauses in flight as he went along in his 110.

Still blew his a$$ out of the sky - he left right after that...

• 1. DDz Quorum

are you sure that sound mod is tucked out of the way DT?, coz on sunday a bogie was climbing in front of me then it disappeared and the next thing i know i had shots behids me

Good point Friar, and I think that is the worst part of the whole thing, you see so much of "hey, you can't do that with that plane" or "I hit him with X number of rounds, he should have gone down by now". It's not so much the Mods themseves that are the problem, it's the unease they cause.

I remember that you reported that in the dogfight where you were shot down, Colin. What does the track report? I didn't take one.

I know that I've seen things like that in SEOW before, but I've always chalked it up to my poor situational awareness at the time down in the weeds. Man, it's hard to track planes on the Italy map, over that green vegetation....