My sort of landing

B16Enk

Here's another 'landing' that occurred due to some strong winds here in Central Europe over the weekend...

:o

I congratulate the pilot on saving the plane, but at the same time, it scares me that the pilot even tried it. To risk 200 people like that is the epitome of foolishness. Go around, divert, and bus the people over. There's no excuse for a landing like that. He's only a 'hero' because no one died. He be vilified as a fool if it crashed.

Sorry, but that kind of stuff just plain scares the crap out of me......

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps, maybe you are right and he was being foolish. :-\

Only thing that got me thinking was the fact that he attempted the same runway at the same airport and made it stick minutes later.

That plus the obvious fact that if the plane piles in, he dies to ?

Guess we won't know until all the facts come out.

I wonder just how often the findings from subsequent inquires about such events are kept from, or "softened" for, the air travelling public

The Air France A340 crash at Pearson a few years ago put the blame squarely on the flight crew. The pilot is now suing the Safety Board over it with help from the Pilots' Association.

He set the plane down too far down the runway to be able to stop in the poor weather, and the board said it was his decision in the end.

That one showed up on "Mayday" on Discovery.