X52 Set-up

Friar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friar, I'm impressed. To go from "dammit Jim I'm a flight simmer, not a computer programmer" to "Hey, check out this fairly complex and imaginative macro I came up with" in less than two weeks speaks of either superior inteligence or slightly neurotic stick-to-it-iveness.

• 1. DDz Quorum

only trouble is Badaim, computer programming was one of my skills, but has been woefully underused of late.

but i am quite pragmatic, i will keep plugging away at something until i get it doing what i want, hence the upteen layout changes LOL!

• 1. DDz Quorum
Also,what is the average airspeed of a coconut laden swallow?

At sea level, travelling in the northern hemisphere where the barametric pressure is less than or equal to 3 issobars, approximatly 23.4456 mpg

Also,what is the average airspeed of a coconut laden swallow?

At sea level, travelling in the northern hemisphere where the barametric pressure is less than or equal to 3 issobars, approximatly 23.4456 mpg

I believe the question was....airspeed(mph).......not economy/efficiency(mpg)

Oh, Friar....nice work on the TO/Landing/Nav lights macro.....very useful visual aid

2 more sleeps until I get to open up my brand new X52 and put away my trusty old x45.....I'm gonna miss the rudder being on the throttle though.....I hate using the twisty rudder on the stick.

(not looking forward to re-programming another stick for all my different flight sims, though........)

Next present to me........pedals, I guess

Merry X-Mas

Happy Holidays

or whatever.....

To All,

Andrew

• 2. Administrators

Hi chaps,

I've been considering getting myself one of these x52 thingies - they seem pretty neat to me, and given the amount of time I've been spending in my own flaming crater recently when 'flying' with you guys, they're pretty cool to look at too.

Just one teeny question tho...X52 (which I can get for about £65) or the 'pro' (lol) version (about £100). Can anyone explain to me what the differences are and if it's worth the additional £35?

TIA and happy holidays to all

Jabo

~S~ Jabo, I believe the Pro has metal parts and a few non-essential extra functions. It is likely to be

longer lasting than the Std.X52. Psycho is the man to talk to as he has just upgraded.

My standard X52 still works great after 18 months. The software is simple enough.

Adding Saitek Pedals 5 months ago was easy. Getting used to aiming with the feet was not easy. :)

I would still get TIR before HOTAS if I had to make a choice though.

Cheers.

can some of you gents please post/attach your x52 profiles for me to take a look at.( and possible steal....lol)

I am messing around a bit....it certainly doesnt program the same way as the x45 did.

Im trying to assign my throttle ministick thingy to be a 4 way switch, so to speak (no problem doin that in the x45 software)

I'm wondering what these are used for:

Saitek magic hotkey device under HID

Saitek magic keyboard under keyboards

Saitek magic mouse under mice and other pointing devices

I dont recall ever seeing these devices listed in my device manager with the x45 (if they were I probably uninstalled them due to conflicts with my MS keyboard and mouse)

Is there any harm to disabling these devices (or even uninstalling them), what are they used for?

I have a feeling that they are what is preventing me from programming that ministick as a 4 way hat rather than a mouse, since that damn stick actually controls my mouse even on the desktop.

of those 3 devices listed, I have the ability to just "disable" 2 of them....but the other wont let me disable it, just uninstall it.........ideas/comments?

Also, sample profiles to look at?....lol

(Edit: I tried uniinstalling them the other day when I ran into my login screen issues.

that would be overriding the SST software and would more than likely result in conflicts.

Do all x52 users have this latest (.pr0) SD6 programming software and driver set?

If not....what driver version are you all using and what programming software version are you using?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi, i have just sent you my .dat and .pro file. the penny has just dropped what the .pr0 file is DOH

of course, to use my profile, you will also have to set the commands in the game to the same key mappings, but at least looking at it it might give you a few ideas of ways of doing it.

i must say that it took 3 or 4 goes until i have come up with a layout that i am happy with.

thanks Friar, will have a look.....

that damn ministick is really frustrating...........not at all like my old X45 (I was able to assign it buttons as a hat switch (either as a 4 way or 8 way)

What version of the software (drivers and programming) are you using since you have a .dat file and .pr0 file.

OK, Im giving up on this for a bit....gonna watch a movie with the kids......

I just looked at the CD that came with this HOTAS and it has the programming software as well as drivers......it also has sample profiles (all in .dat format........so I'm assuming an older version of all pieces of software compared to what I downloaded from Saitek the other day.)

Im gonna uninstall this stick and all software, then reinstall using the CD, not the "latest and greatest" from thier website.