X52 Set-up

Friar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

download and install the latest drivers

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers2.asp

make sure you folow install instructions - I think the stick has not to be connected when installing drivers

no reason not to use the sst as it is usually very good and gives you extra functions - however you can just use the controls section in the game- make sure you go down to hotas section

I have tended not to use the SST in the past but I have found it to be better using it.

If you consider plugging in another device or using your other stick along with the throttle then you may well run into reprogramming issues as a new device may use the ID that is current assigned to your X52.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Pretty neat so far. a bit frustraiting though, trying to decide on the set-up that suits me best. so many buttons, so few fingers

i am going to have a real go at getting it sorted tonight, roll on sunday!

Don't forget the most important mapping Friar, the trigger button...

JOYSTICK ID1 BUTTON 1 --> Ctrl+E

Glad I could help.

GK

Please note the word "Forget" was inserted by Greyknight after my post below, otherwise my post will seem silly, and thats not like me at all.

Friar

http://www.dangerdogz.com/k9vault/Downl ... EK_X45map/

this is my map -

mode 1 is engine/takeoff/landing

mode 2 is normal flight/fight

mode 3 is bits and bobs Sheep Dip Mode

you can edit the sheet to suit but gives a nice template to help you get started mate

Sorry, couldn't resist Dave..Blame Colin he started it!

• 1. DDz Quorum

thanks greenstreaks, but now you have got me worried by your avatar...AGAIN...if the one in stockings was not enough, now this !

BBloke will be reporting you to the N.S.P.C.S (thats national society for prevention of crulety to sheep)

• 1. DDz Quorum

well after spending a few hours changing things about and flying test missions i think i have got it sorted with out the use of the sst.

the only thing i did want to do was to be able to control the map from the hotas, but i guess that will mean doing it via the sst as the mouse on the throttle does not seem to be recognized in the game set-up.

but over all, i'm pretty pleased with how i have got it set up.

many thanks for all your input guys, much appreiated, now if you will only sit in my sights so i can see if the trigger works, then that would be fine.

Cheers

colin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

I have been looking into using the sst software, to see what effect it has on my game and machine, and to see if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

Am I correct in thinking that i need to assign a keyboad command to all the functions in game first, then using the sst software, assign these keys to the stick?

I downloaded the il2 profile form the saitek webside and this is what it seemed to suggest.

Cheers

Colin.

I have been looking into using the sst software, to see what effect it has on my game and machine, and to see if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

Am I correct in thinking that i need to assign a keyboad command to all the functions in game first, then using the sst software, assign these keys to the stick?

I downloaded the il2 profile form the saitek webside and this is what it seemed to suggest.

Cheers

Colin.

yes mate -you already have the key assignments in control section of game so you then use the SST to map a keyboard press to a joystick button/hat/switch

- the x-45 map in my previous post shows the modes/key assigments/joystick button so is a useful template. note that some of my key assignments are not default so check them against what you have in game.

the joystick and roteries and rudder are set up in the hotas section of the game

• 3 weeks later...