Need some advice with my Track iR4 and CH Products Throttle

Blairgowrie

I now have my new TIR working fairly well although it seems to jump from outside view to looking directly at the seat a lot requiring a re-centre. Don't think there is any light behind me. How do I fix this? I am using Charvel's profile.

Next question. I changed the hot key for re-centring from F12 to E (CH Products will not recognize F12 as a key). The settings reflect the change but F12 still re-centres but E doesn't.

Finally. I want to link the re-centre key to my CH throttle. I have a map for TS already. Do I have to create a brand new map that includes both recentre and TS?

Many thanks

I now have my new TIR working fairly well although it seems to jump from outside view to looking directly at the seat a lot requiring a re-centre. Don't think there is any light behind me. How do I fix this? I am using Charvel's profile.

I have that problem from time to time with my

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ BG, if you go into Profile/ Edit / Tracking, you will literally "see" if there is any light interference M8.

Also from our coversation last night it might be that you are too close to your Track IR unit?

It sends out a cone which of course will be narrower the closer you are to it .

I think thats correct, can anyone confirm ?

Cheers, ~S~ Painless

• 1. DDz Quorum

Are you using the clip on a hat, or that strange contraption you once showed in a photo?

I have my camera slightly higher than the clips (which i have fixed to the top of my headset) looking down. this helped me get rid of a problem where trackir would "lock" becaue it had lost sight on one of the reflectors. have you tried going into view tracking to see just the 3 green reflectors then moving your head around to see if at any time 1 disappears. I had the top 1 going when looking up.

Delta7 is tir guru, i am sure he could help.

I am not getting any light showing on the tracking screen, just the three little green clusters. I have cable tied the reflector thingy to the top of my headset and moved the mashed potato box on which the unit sits back to about 28 inches from ma heid.

I'll play around with it some more this afternoon when we fly.

I think I finally got it working the way it should. There was light coming in from three windows behind me over 30ft away. I have one of those big screens that I placed behind me so now the tracking motion is accurate.

Still can't figure out the CH Throttle issue but don't really need to if it continues to perform the way it is doing.

Thanks for all your help m8s. 

• 1. DDz Quorum

You can map F12 to any button on the CH.

Edit the map, place your cursor in the text box associated with the button you wish to assign to F12, right click and select 'record key strokes' then press F12, click 'Exit' and it will be copied into the text area.

Save the map, then click the download button.

Voila! F12 is now mapped.

I have F12 on my 6 o'clock hat on the MSFFB2 ;)

where'd you order it from?

I finally decided to take the TIR plunge.

you can get a $25 discount if you order it direct through airwarfare- some funds go to airwarfare for every order

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/pro ... airwarfare

thery are also doing a bundle deal for tir4 +clip

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02- ... p-PRO.html