Helen's latest work of art

Blairgowrie

Helen just finished her latest project. It is a stained glass door from the castle hallway to the dining/great room. As with all our house doors, the wood (white pine 2" thick) is from our property; sawn and kiln dried by me. Helen did the stained glass and then I took it to a commercial place who encased in double glazing. From there everything went to the local Amish guy who built the door and installed the glass. Out of pocket was $250 for the glass, $100 for the double glazing and $150 to the Amish dude. Including labour for Helen and I,

Very nice Jim. Great showcase for Helen's artwork. 2" thick? Phew, hefty.

I like the satin finish, what did you use?

Glass and wood panels below look great. Nice 1/8" even gaps.

I guess in England a custom made door would cost £600 plus. So, for something unique, that you did yourselves, thats not bad.

I won't even use any of my crap 'chippy' jokes like, 'it'll look alright when its creosoted' or 'it should last for weeks' :)

• 1. DDz Quorum
who ordered it had some marital issues and asked Helen if she could cancel the order.

Can i be the first to say.........

"you know what they say, one door closes and another one opens...."

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Enforcer m8. You are right, I have way too much time on my hands.

And thanks for your kind comments on the "twa dugs". The black one on the left is Bonnie with her brother Clyde. Just great dogz and very obedient as you can see. They are actually posing for the picture. 

• 2 months later...