Shoreham Airshow - 22Nd-23Rd August - Who's Going?

BluBear

So who is considering attending the show this year? It's rapidly approaching and the line-up looks to be one of the best yet.

http://www.shorehamairshow.co.uk/whats-on/the-flying-display/

I have already booked tickets in advance due to the 'last year of the Vulcan effect' but have not yet decided exactly which day to attend.

Ideally it would be the Sunday in order to catch the EF Typhoon as well, but i'll most likely make the decision based on the weather nearer the time.

Who fancies it?  :P

Gents, the latest weather reports are showing tomorrow as a scorcher and Sunday as rather damp and cool. http://www.metcheck.com/UK/7days.asp?zipcode=Shoreham-by-Sea&locationID=56878&lat=50.8&lon=-0.3&findtype=

The main reason I was going the Sunday was to see the Typhoon, but having already seen it this year and looking at the weather i'm tempted to change days.

What say ye?

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have no option but to wait it out and see if the forecast changes for a less inclement day on Sunday, as Saturday I'm meeting others in London and can't reschedule. If you lads decide to go Saturday I don't blame you in the slightest but rest assured you will remain 'Gits' for the foreseeable in my book!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Bloody weather is a pain Tom, I would much rather we were all together but as Chris says Saturday is looking much better. Normally I would have braved the weather on Sunday but as Siobhan is coming with me for the first time I am inclined to go for the Saturday so she enjoys the day more.

I hope to crawl my way off your git list asap using mind control and cake ; )

Mick.

I have much the same reasoning Tom old chap, it's Charlotte's first proper airshow and i'd much rather she remembers it without the thought of brollys!

Apologies we can't all be together (that's twice now this year I know!), but it's England - damned weather!

Freakin' British summer!!  Red Arrows were due to display at 6.30 here in Sidmouth.  The cliffs either side of the town provide a magnificent spot to watch from as the singletons make their turns right over your head and you actually look down on the main display just off the seafront.

Weather has been same today as yesterday - low cloud obscuring the hill top across the valley from my back garden.  Its been a will they/won't they all day.

Trolled down town and walked up Salcombe Hill Cliff for the most disappointing display I've ever seen 'em put on.  Three passes with smoke on as a nine ship formation well out to sea and.......sorry folks - thats it!

Not the 'Arrows fault at all just our bloody fugley weather. Grrrrr........ :angry: