Usb Hub

Gothkrieger

Can 2 controllers be put together on a USB hub and run in IL2 without issues, to be able to open an extra USB port on my computer?  I want to put my rudder pedals and CH throttle quadrant on the hub.  They are both low data load devices and I don't think I will experience lag in control input as a result.

In the "Input Options Setup" screen in game, what does the Joystick1, Joystick 2 etc. do?  Can I set it up so I can choose Joystick 1 to fly with a joystick and Joystick 2 to fly with a flight yoke?

• 1. DDz Quorum

You can use multiple game controllers via a USB Hub, but it is not recommended to do so.

Even if it is a powered Hub, there is a good chance you will run into some trouble at some moment in time...

Try and combine other USB devices to free up USB ports, like keyboard and mouse...

The Joystick1 and 2 in game setup are for having the option to create profiles, but solely for the sensitivity settings of the axes.

Not for the assignment of buttons and axes.

For that, you either create a new Pilot, or rename some .ini files or folders in the users folder...

Thanks guys.  So I guess if I want to get another USB connection on my computer I will have to take it into the shop and have them add in the jumper connection for the last available plug on the motherboard that will support another USB connection.  I was trying to avoid that because I suspect that it will reorganize the existing USB connections and the games may end up not associating the USB port to the proper control in game, requiring me to remap all the controllers.

On the other matter, If I create a new pilot, are we saying that this second pilot can have a custom controller setup?  In his setup I would not have the game recognise the joystick but the flight yoke?

Yes, I did have problems.  My Hub was powered too!  But commands were hit and miss, and sometimes it seems cached and sent randomly later, folding my wings inflight.

I would say try it if you want, and if you have problems, don't use the Hub and see how that works.  My x52 pro worked fine on the hub, but my x55 did not.

• 1. DDz Quorum

may end up not associating the USB port to the proper control in game

I do not think so... the order of the controllers is not related to their physical connection.... as far as I know.

Adding a controller or removing one if it is not the last one in the list of game controllers will mess things up by altering one or more controllers' id's.

In his setup I would not have the game recognise the joystick but the flight yoke?

It will recognize both, as long as you keep them both plugged in.

It's all about how you assign them...

Here's an idea, should you run into trouble by getting a re-assigned controller, send me a screenshot of the game controllers's view, and your settings.ini from the users\pilot folder, and I will try and re-program the file.... search and replace ... 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Or this:

take it into the shop and have them add in the jumper connection for the last available plug on the motherboard that will support another USB connection

Should give you one bracket, with 4 USB ports.... oh wait, that's if there's two connectors/jumpers available.