New Version Of Il2

delta7

I got a flashy box and a piece of cheap cotton with a "map" printed on it, an aircraft manual (not!), and a game that basically didn't work, then or ever. I paid nearly £50 quid for it - in a spirit of support for the guys who had set the whole IL-2 series in motion - and got zip, nada, sweet FA. They didn't actually post me a turd, but the smell of bull's droppings still lingers. 

Not dissing the supporters - but I won't be fronting up any more money in that direction.

brando

I understand Brando, I bought the box as well. However the 2 new games ARE different as 777 and DCS are both involved. Jason  and Loft are doing a great job communicating what it happening, and although Luthier has previous, with The Fighter Collection/Eagle Dynamics doing quality control I feel that we should get 2 excellent sims by this time next year.

I'm glad I made you laugh, BA, 'cos I'm not coming from a place of hatred or blind rage - you know me  :P  I guess my message is "wake up and smell the manure", because historical accuracy is being sacrificed already, in favour of maximising income. And I realise that's a good thing if it means a good sim would be forthcoming - but I'm not sure that BoS will achieve that status. To me the ditching of co-op play is like the old saying about "throwing the baby out with the bathwater"

Co-op is a format that works very well both at squad level or for random 'Hyperlobby hitch-hiking'. It brings individuals into line with a simple formula. Choose your plane, join a flight, carry out your objectives, make it home. I hear the negatives - "long time to form up, crashes on take-off, host loses connection, et cetera - and I wish they had grasped the nettle and sorted the problems rather than doing a hot potato job. As mentioned, the FMB as in RoF is very unwieldy to use. Maybe that is OK for the WW1 period where radio comm was virtually non-existent - but I don't think it will work for WW2 Squad ops.

Anyway, enough playing devil's advocate for today  :closet: 

cyl mates

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

OK, I give in, I've pushed the pre order button now. Looking forward to getting a preview of this. Interestingly, I see that instead of getting a box with a tea towel in it, I now get a little yellow jpg. Wtg jabo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff.  Right on schedule.  One of the BoS forum members has made a rather neat montage of the pre-alpha footage released so far;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUNNHF8VPDA&feature=player_embedded#t=0

Also, if all goes well, Team Fusion will be releasing their 4.0 patch for CoD this Friday.   We have a lot to look forward to!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

I see the moaning has started in the responses to today's dev blog. There's just no pleasing some people.

I'm  pretty happy though - roll on alpha access!

Jabo

P.S. Holy cow - access to start on the 7th November? Two weeks - be sure!

P.S. Holy cow - access to start on the 7th November? Two weeks - be sure!

Really? I thought the pre-order period finished on the eleventh of November and early access would start a few days after that.

Edit; Lol, Bongo.  You'll just have to fly some CoD with us now.

I should do some flying again soon, since my trackir broke I have had to start using and getting used to these facetrack things, I'm kind of impressed to be honest, it does work, even better news is that apparently I may be able to use my occulus to play IL2 soon through a 3rd party driver.....should work on clod too and dcs......literally creaming my undies.

• 2. Administrators

Because I don't have the pre-requisite personality bypass to be in the BoS forums I am enjoying a 7 day ban.

I cant stand the BoS forums. Never has a forum been filled with so many cocks.

• Like 1

I am now sporting a woodie!

......literally creaming my undies.

Sorry, still flaccid over here but I think I detect a trend.  How are you feeling, Crash?

Quite mellow and relaxed. I have a feeling that I wont be doing too much testing, what with DD Co-ops Tuesday, TV evening Wednesday and the Thursday night binge drinking :) However as I no long have to go to work I might be able to fly a bit in the afternoons after I have done a few jobs about the house.