Need Jabo ( Groundpoundin) Tips For 4.10

delta7

I used to be good at jabo -

Old method was climb to 6k , start dive to targets 1 grid out,scream over ship or column at 10m and 700kmph, drop, boom, go home

Now with 4.1 friggin fusing my bombs dont go off and if I drop above 20m then Im always long due to speed and angle

If I try winging over and use a more verticle dive from above then Im slow in the zoom ,sometimes it does not fuse or AAA or fighters get me

Anyone got tracks/tips on how best to do it and survive ?

• 2. Administrators

your bombs now need to fall for at least 2 seconds now.

in level flight that equates to about 35-40m. I'm using a bomb delay of at least 3 secs now as well for 500 bombs, will need even more for the really big stuff.

heres some skip bombing vids i made just after 4.10 came out, also at the end of the first vid some ground targets.

and in a betty, mainly because someone over at ubi said it was impossible, lol.

If you are in a downward dive when you release, you will obviously have to release higher, as you are putting extra downward acceleration on the bomb as well.

TY Ill look at these later at home - not allowed to use you-tube at work

My problem is that at 40m you are vulnerable to the AA in ships whereas at 10m you were under their scope

What is your survival rate in online missions now compaired to 4.09 ? mine is way down as I have to spend longer over target and coming in slower and higher leaves me vulnerable longer

• 2. Administrators

its worse, but then it was much to easy before.

besides, you can fly in at 10m, and pop up to 40m just for the bomb release, no reason why you have to come in at 40m all the way. I still come in as fast as possible, no need to slow down, unless your dropping torps.

its worse, but then it was much to easy before.

Never found it easy before - suppose it depends on server settings - warclouds has heavy flak around targets usually

besides, you can fly in at 10m, and pop up to 40m just for the bomb release, no reason why you have to come in at 40m all the way. I still come in as fast as possible, no need to slow down, unless your dropping torps.

Yeah I have tried this but still get hammered at the pop up - Ill watch your vid and see if you are doing anything different - might just be a case of getting different cockpit refrences for dropping higher- I fly closed pit and had it down to a tee with the old approach , knew just when to drop

thanks again

S

• 2. Administrators

The vids above, were just against unarmed targets, i originally recorded because people were saying skip bombing was impossible, and i disagreed, lol.

Against a heavily armed target, you must come in always on a curved approach, both in the vertical and horizontal.

Here is me against a 1945 DD destroyer, a real nasty flak ship.

The key is to only be straight and level for the very moment you drop your bombs. (first run i only hit with one bomb due to me being a poor shot, second run nail it, vid shows internal and external for both runs.)

I'd be lying if i said they were the first two attempts i made, but to start with i wasn't taking enough bombage to sink it, so i reflew, and a copule of times i was on externals after the bomb drop to see if i'd hit (they did), and not concentrating on getting out of the flak zone, and thought it would look piss poor on a vid, getting pinged afterwards, when if i'd gone to the deck i'd of been alright.

Only once did i get shot down by aa on my way to target, and once i ripped my wings off on the approach because of the G limit and carrying 3000lbs worth of bombs!

The most vulnerable time in the run is the moments after the drop, between dropping and getting back down to 0m of the deck, by far.

Even so, should one plane really be able to do what i just did in game in reality, i think not.

The only sensible way to attack heavily defended ground targets is with multipul planes attacking at once splitting the defensive fire.

• 2. Administrators

I'm still messing around with sounds for 4.10 at the moment, thats just what happens to be in currently left over from the last round of testing, lol.

whatever there shooting, they bloody well hurt if they hit!

• 2. Administrators

Hi Kev maybe you could post that last vid on the zoo and banana forums :thumbsu: might shut a certain person up Good bombing mate! Thanks for the info on the 4 Yak gunnery practice too :goodjob:

LOL, i've already dropped that 'bomb' over at the banana forums :laughing7:

Hi Kev maybe you could post that last vid on the zoo and banana forums :thumbsu: might shut a certain person up Good bombing mate! Thanks for the info on the 4 Yak gunnery practice too :goodjob:

LOL, i've already dropped that 'bomb' over at the banana forums :laughing7:

bloody hell 29 pages of argument - no wonder I hardly ever go there or the zoo- is there any useful info on how to suceed in 4.1 ? Or is it all shite ?

@Fruitbat

Thanks for the videos however they are similar to what I have been trying so while I agree you can bomb a target with the right run, I dont think that you can survive those runs to any great degree - I had a 75% sortie completion before and if I used those runs then Id be lucky to see halve of that . :sad5:

the corsair attack was very good but you still got hit and if there had been any flak on the P-51 attack then I dont think you would have survived.

I have read some of the comments on the 1c site , and while it was hard finding the diamonds , I thought there were some valid points from guys I have known for years and flown with often. They used the tactics that they had developed over time and that worked in the situation - now the game has changed and folk will have to adapt , this old dog will need to learn new tricks :huh:

I really dont think you can do low runs now on some servers, I read how 603 squadron used spits with 500lb bombs against V2 sites in holland and had success with winging over and diving in so Ill try that

Thanks for your help

S

• 2. Administrators

i guess it depends on whether in a lone plane you think you should be able to survive doing what i did in that last vid.

personally i don't really.

however, take a few of you with one drawing the flak, its a different story altogether.

to attack targets like that you need and should have multiple planes working together.

I think this is what is upsetting people really now, the fact that you can't do it on your own anymore, without great risk. No more Rambo.

for the record, i had about a 75%+ survivability rate with the corsair runs (is a tough plane), and yes if i'd come in in the 51 like that agaisn't something firing back i would of died for sure, but that vid was made when people were saying that skip bombing was impossible full stop now, and that was just to show that it isn't.

If your serious Colin - which I dont think you are mate - please post tracks so I can copy this - its still killing me too often on the servers

This is what I am trying with limited sucess

from height dive gentlly to around 2500m when directly over target,

pulling up vertically , cut engine power to zero and winging over into a near verticle dive - hold target in gunsight

dive to 1500m and pull gently through target

Wait until target passes under nose, count 1.2.3 quickly and drop

this will be around 1000m - pull gentlly out of dive, power up and egress

1000m is lowest for sucessful pullout rate - lower leads to many lawndarts

even this has poor hit rate

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sorry Dave, no harm intended. I was on a mission to have my name as the last person to post in EVERY thread on the general boards, just seemed like a good idea at the time and as I was rushing to get the posts in before any one else posted that was the first thing that came into my head. A prime example of never post in a rush.

Please accept my humble apologies if I caused any offense.

Salute