The Quest To Deliver Bg's Pic...part 1

JensenPark

The journey begins in the wintery city of Edmonton...and continues in the wintery city of Toronto.

Canada is a huge country as you can see. It is at least 4 inches across.

canada-map.jpg

Toronto, is of course home of the Angus.

Angus...aka Cold_Gambler...is famous for two things. And reviled for one.

Famous for being one of the founding fathers of the Dangerdogz, and for being the most whipped husband in the Dogz. Reviled for being a lawyer.

Anyway, I met up with Angus downtown Toronto for the picture swap. Angus was kind enough to get the pic done up for free - after threatening to sue the framer for some made-up-on-the-spot tort. Angus, being part-Scot, of course simply pocketed the money we gathered for the pic.

We chose to meet over coffee at a local shop.

We hadn't seen each other for a while, so we had exchanged pics in advance so that we could recognize each other.

Angus:

lenin.jpg

JP:

Patton.jpg

Angus of course ordered an fair-trade, organically grown, union-picked dark roast. I ordered a chemically treated, subjugated-orphan, child labourer coffee bean picked de-caf.

We discussed politics of course.

Angus' shares his economic vision for Canada:

soupkitchen.jpg

I explain mine:

apollo_11_tickertape.jpg

We further discuss the usual.

Kids (his kids used re-usable, environment friendly cloth diapers). We raised ours in disposables made from the fur of unicorns, purchased in cases made with old-growth trees.

Cars: I have 3, and I leave them running around the clock to keep the environment warm. Angus takes public transport and buys carbon offsets for each trip.

Environment: he has a tattoo of Al Gore on his arm. I have a tattoo of the Alberta Oil Sands on mine.

Wives: Angus discusses how beaten and whipped he is - and how much he is afraid of his wife. I discuss how beaten and whipped I am - and how much I'm afraid of my wife.

Common ground at last!!!

Handing over the pic, Angus and I pose for a photo.

203.jpg

We discuss how it is great to see each other again, and how we miss seeing each other on TS. We promise to keep in touch more in the future. I mention how warm the coffee shop is, and Angus comments that it is warm like the steam baths he visits, and maybe next time we could meet there.

There is an awkward silence and we both look down to avoid eye contact.

204.jpg

We go outside and both pretend that little conversation never happened.

205.jpg

Package under my arm...I continue my quest to get to BlairGowrieLand!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...