Build Your Own Spy Drone... Cheap!

Snacko

• 1. DDz Quorum

I'll have to get one and install it on my electric RC heli.. but first I'll have to learn to fly the bloody thing!

I can hover it now but it is costing me a fortune in blades :( (and no it's not the tiny thing I got at Duxford, that is easy to fly!):

Honey Bee CP3

Yep, Think I'll get one too, It just might get me to get out the old R/C planes again.

I don't have a Helo, they scare the hell out of me. Fricken R/C Samari, but a few friends do.

They learned to hover by short stringing the thing to a Picnic table just long enough to hover, but not long enough to tip the rotors low enough to hit the table.

A 5 gallon Bucket full of water would suffice for the table also. Just add some sort of rings to it for the ropes.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I got a USB lead for £10 that connects my transmitter to my PC, and there are some good Flight Sims around for practice Free FMS Clear View -$30

I got the full version of ClearView (It has a time limited trial) and they a pretty good.

Biggest issue with the Helo is it is supposed to be RTF (ready to fly) but reality is it is more Ready To Fix, an experienced pilot could fly it no doubt but it was not at all well set up!

Getting blades balanced, servo's adjusted etc. is painstaking but well worth the effort.

My last crash the bloody thing got quite close to me, those blades look pretty wicked as they spin ;) and it frightened the shit out of me startle.gif

i got my self a Belt CP v2. still did not manage to take it of the ground :( few times i did try i broke something; one pair of blades, two blade shafts, one main shaft and now my motor controller caught fire. :growl:

for now i'm just going to try to skid on the floor the way i want. when i get the feeling that i'm in control i'll try with hovering again.

anyone has a good RC spare parts link that will sell to Europe?

here are two sites i've used so far:

http://www.rcmodelpart.com/ got 2x LiPoly 2200mA 11.1V batteries for 30$ there and shipping for free!!

http://www.rcmaterial.com/