Graphic Card Woes

Zooly

I think my card is on the way out but its less than 6 months old and I'm not sure where I stand, the shop I purchased it from won't take it back (or I doubt they would) so what is my alternative? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. DDz Quorum

If they haven't any in stock then they should get one for you, or if they have anything about them they should offer you an equivalent. They've had your money........

I phoned the shop and they are taking it in to check it out, stuck with the ATI 5750 for a while now but I hate the damn thing as its crap for Il2 due to low framerates. If someone has an answer to that little problem I would appreciate it.

i had a 5750 and was really satisfied with it. it was not the best the money can buy but was never below 40-60 fps. not sure what answer exactly u r looking for but there is a lot of posts on this and other forums about settings for Ati cards.

search box is the best friend ;)

i'll check it also and will post the links when i find them

here is one:

http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6803-ati-settings-that-work-for-il-2/page__p__76215__hl__ati%20settings__fromsearch__1entry76215

If it is on the way out and they offer you a replacement perhaps try a little negociating and see if they'll substitute an Nvidia card instead?

Gotta be worth a try. Also, I seem to remember an interview a couple of years back with a member of Oleg's team who said stick with Nvidia for SoW.

I don't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to such things but your old card is still performing faultlessly in my machine m8. Advice threads about gfx cards and IL2 seem to centre around two themes;

how to get even more performance from Nvidia cards or how to eliminate gfx glitches with ATI cards. :shaunhb: