Win Vista 64 Grief

Jaxium

Well I finally made it here, after along bout of (what the hell is wrong with this thing).

My problem is that after reloading IL2 on vista

, every time I try and start IL2, it goes...lights flash on cd, then it quits...Any idea's

I tried to install, that didn't work, then I moved the folder to C:Il2, that doesn't work either..

I have a blue-ray burner installed, but I don't think this is the problem. I've tried starting autorun, using the shortcut in IL2 folder,from cd menu, nothing seems to work......I hate Bill Gates

Jax

• 2. Administrators

Fortunately Jax, this is a common problem, and appears to be related to the optical drive (my copy of IL2 will only run on one of my two identical dvd-rw drives) - go figure.

What you need is the no-cd crack which should be available in the vault (I've just uploaded it). It ceases to be a problem at that point!

Don't forget that if you want to fly online with the DDz, you'll need to patch the game to v4.08, then v4.09 and then install UltraPack 2.0n. If you're going down this route, I think UP2.0n includes the No-CD patch anyway (someone will be along to correct this shortly I'm sure).

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

What you need is the no-cd crack which should be available in the vault (I've just uploaded it). It ceases to be a problem at that point!

How did you find the new 'Vault' Nick?

The attachment thingy in the posts is quite enat too, allowing multiple files to be selected and uploaded to a post in a single hit..

Jax, are you trying to just load the stock 4.07, 8, or 9? With or Without the UltraPack mods?

If you are trying to load with the UP mods this may be a graphics problem that can be fixed in your conf.ini file by turning on S3TC compression in the Render_OpenGL section:

[Render_OpenGL]

TexCompress=2

Also, Check out the UP Setup Guide.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Jax, are you trying to just load the stock 4.07, 8, or 9? With or Without the UltraPack mods?

If you are trying to load with the UP mods this may be a graphics problem that can be fixed in your conf.ini file by turning on S3TC compression in the Render_OpenGL section:

[Render_OpenGL]

TexCompress=2

Also, Check out the UP Setup Guide.

That guide is an essential read, I used it last night when I attempted (fruitlessly despite Fruit Bat's input :roflmao: ) to join the gang on BGs server.

CheckMods is now working again, the authorisation side of it (checkmods has always worked but the 'are you really a DangerDog bit was not updated by me) that is.

I found an interesting gotcha that CheckMods made me aware of accidentally:

I have a backup of the vanilla IL2 folder in a & Zip archive, I unzipped it to my E: drive and found that Windows 7 had over written the folder permissions and denied me change access!

Well worth checking security under 7 me thinks.

Before you run the game, run the JSGME.exe and enable your mods.

In the middle of that JSGME screen there is a Tasks link/button. It has an option to let you save the currently enabled mods as a profile so you can just load that profile later. That's good if you want to have a set of them you use for this or that. Online with the Dogz, Mission Building, Flying on a specific server that has restrictions, ect...

• 2. Administrators

How did you find the new 'Vault' Nick?

The attachment thingy in the posts is quite enat too, allowing multiple files to be selected and uploaded to a post in a single hit..

'Scuse the thread hijack...

Fine Rog, The creation of a new item in the Vault seems much simpler than the method we used to have.

The in-post attachment thing is great but wouldn't allow me to put an .exe file in there (Hence using the Vault)

I'm pretty certain the No-CD patch is redundant with UP2.0, but it would be nice to have that confirmed (and then remove that file from the Vault - keep the place tidy as it were.)

...Hijack over

Jabo