Fairey Swordfish

Blairgowrie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The purple thing is the game engine reaction to a texture problem, you can see it sometimes on bad models and some cracks when using the 6DOF.

There could be an issue with the texture, due to corruption, but check your texture settings in the il2 config. The compression thing should be set to the S3 thing.

• 2. Administrators

Well, at least it's a change. I think Jedi could be onto something with a texture problem. I occasionally get the same thing on one of the Spitfires (one of the original ones, not a frankenplane), although it goes as soon as the countdown finishes. Have you tried an older gfx card driver to see if the same problem exists?

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

I have to confess I know next to nothing about ATI drivers, being a confirmed nVidiaphile, but I'd be inclined to start there. I had lots of stability problems with my 9800GTX to start with and updating solved them all.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Unlikey to be a card issue then especially as you're running the best of the bunch anyway. As Jedi says, checkmods would find any missing/incorrect files. If you want to 'reinstall' the Swordfish, just delete its folder before running CM.

Have you had this problem before Jim?

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

dohdohdohdohdohDOH! Of course, given that we're using UP2.0 all the modded aircraft are now built into the sfs files, not in the MODS folder. GAAAAAH! That's two hours of my life I won't get back... :BangHead:

feckin mods, feckin computers, feck, feck, feckity feck feck.

• 1. DDz Quorum

There's no need to delete any files before running CheckMods

If any files got messed up, CheckMods will see them, and replace them... with fresh and good copies ones... (Well, 'good' ... just as good as they were when I put them there...)

Maybe a skin-issue? (I dunno, just thinkin' out loud, it couldn't be, as the sky wouldn't be skinned now would it?)

• 2. Administrators

Hi FT, you're right of course that CheckMods will replace any missing/damaged files with good ones from the blueprint, I just thought that removing the Swordfish first represented a more 'complete' replacement of a faulty mod. In any case, the mod cannot be removed simply by deleting the files (as we could with AAA UI for example) so running CM again is probably the best option. Why I'm doing this while I should be revising is a measure of just how dull an MCSE can get. Back to Advanced Networking I suppose. I kid you not, this book is A4 sized and an inch and a half thick. And that's just the Advanced Networking exam, there's another six to go.

It might not be possible to die of boredom, but I'm definitely giving it a go.

Jabo