New web site progress

B16Enk

• 1. DDz Quorum

It's coming on nicely.

Bbloke and I spent 3 hours tonight and finally came up with the code we need to generate the rosters dynamically.

This will be used to populate the roster pages for both groups, when a member joins and is admitted to either the Hell Hounds or the Danger Dogz group their name will appear on the roster :)

Big S! to Bbloke for his help there :)

The teamspeak applet is working too, both Quazi and Arsenal stopped by at http://www.dangerdogz.com or http://www.hellhounds.com and saw us on TS and joined for a chat :).

File uploads seem to be working fine, I have carried out some tests and they worked.

Image uploads work too, but there is a size limitation I am working on over coming.

Check it out, we are not yet done on the graphical appearance yet as we have yet to add backgrounds and banners, Arsenal is working feverishly on our new banner that will open your eyes!

Of to bed now, it's 1am and I need to remind my wife who I am!!!

• 1. DDz Quorum

point of order mr chairman on the web site banner. excellent as it is.....

the flags, you have the blue cross of st andrew for scotland but the union flag for england? It is the flag of Great Britian.

So if the scots are having theirs please my I have the cross of st george?

the flags, you have the blue cross of st andrew for scotland but the union flag for england? It is the flag of Great Britian.

thats a whole other can of worms!

slainte!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Roster working, for Danger Dogz, http://www.dangerdogz.com/index.php?categoryid=11

Needs formatting, nice text and some pretty graphics.

We are considering also adding national flags alongside the pilot name, and also possibly a MIA icon (perhaps a skull and crossbones :)).[/url]

Father, keep in mind that a silly colonial made the banner, so I sometimes need edu-macation on such things. I'm planning on redoing the banner anyway, this one was just a temp fix, but I will probably keep the flags in some form or fashion.

Along the edu-macation lines, would the Scots prefer the lion over the cross of St. Andrew?

Oh, and Shadow, what does the flag for Xanadu look like? Is Olivia Newton John on it? :lol:

• 1. DDz Quorum

i have no problem with the scotish flag, you are more than welcome to have it. I would like also to have the cross of st george for england. it is a simple request, as i am a man of simple tastes, we in the Priory believe that living with the simple things in life opens ones eyes to those in the world that have less, what is that, oh ......sorry must go, the champagne has just been un corked, the strawberries have been removed from the fridge and the girls have said my bath is ready.

• 1. DDz Quorum
Real stupid question from me . k ready. How come when I search DD and get the link I get the old site.

Cheers!

Mobius

I don't know m8. Cache?

Press ctrl+f5 to force a reload.

Often ISPs will use a proxy, saves on their bandwidth, and they can be tardy on updates.

• 1. DDz Quorum

The roster pages now include a 'K( Squad Mail' link.

This is not viewable by any one who is not a member of either the Danger Dogz or Hell Hounds.

Each pilots name is an email link, click it and your email program will fire up with the address already filled in.

At the top there is also a 'Mail All' link which, surprisingly, will mail all :lol:.

Big thanks to Bbloke who put the code together for that.

I have started the bare bones of a technical support section, and will populate this as best I can with common questions and answers, and some 'how to's'.

Articles (that is what they will appear as) can be emailed or printed too.

Any other sections that could be added?

Skinning guide?

Mission building/FMB guide?

Dedicated/co-op server admin guide?

Let me know what sections are required, for now if you get the urge post an article. A category can be made at a later date for it.

The roster pages now include a 'K( Squad Mail' link.

This is not viewable by any one who is not a member of either the Danger Dogz or Hell Hounds.

Each pilots name is an email link, click it and your email program will fire up with the address already filled in.

At the top there is also a 'Mail All' link which, surprisingly, will mail all :lol:.

Big thanks to Bbloke who put the code together for that.

I have started the bare bones of a technical support section, and will populate this as best I can with common questions and answers, and some 'how to's'.

Articles (that is what they will appear as) can be emailed or printed too.

Any other sections that could be added?

Skinning guide?

Mission building/FMB guide?

Dedicated/co-op server admin guide?

Let me know what sections are required, for now if you get the urge post an article. A category can be made at a later date for it.

Roger, add a mission building section, if you could. I will write a from the ground up manual on building missions and update it with more advanced techniques and tricks over time. I am sure others will be able to add to it. I should have the beginnings of one by today.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Done Glenn.

Mission Building Section

I put a place holder article there, saves you having to go into Admin, and will delete once you have posted something.

Cross-posting to the forums does not work, and it will result in an article not being published/saved.

I will raise a support ticket for this.

Once you have an article up I will see how the triple column layout works, and may change it to dual column with 'Latest New' shown in the left column.

I will also look into hacking the titles...'News' doesn't really work for me :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

That is because there are no thumbnails for the uploaded files.

A thumbnail would have to be created by whoever uploads.

So for a track for instance grab a screenie, and use that as the image for it.

I haven't yet tested this, but I think images will be auto-resized to create a thumbnail.

• 1. DDz Quorum

OK. Ignore me.

You are using IE, this is part of the anti M$ conspiracy, only IE will show that fault, Firefox renders it perfectly (it ignores the missing icons which are just place holders.

I'll put it on the 'to do' list and prioritise other stuff (there will be changes to the appearance of the site that will dictate how I fix the bug you found Colin).