Getting going on my 1/32 Revell kit...

Rattler

surely one of the most desirable kits ever made

Looks beautiful. I have a Spit 24 to work on after the Beau. My P-51 is almost in the paint shop. I hope that it'll be done in a couple weeks.

My son is starting to out-pace me. He does a model in a few days! He just built a Halifax, and sprayed it himself using my airbrush. Pretty good for a 11 year old! I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Start sweet talkin' the missus, Dave! You'll get Johnnie's plane yet!

Went down town this morning with my youngest to the 'chocolate button shop' to buy a paper and, er....chocolate buttons. These things are important when you're four years old! Called into the charity shop next door as it's always a good source of second hand books and this was just sitting there saying "buy me, buy me!"

NannysSurpriseBirthday001-1-1.jpg

NannysSurpriseBirthday002-1.jpg

It was a quid! It's 1/32 scale! Just could'nt resist it! I also could'nt manage to smuggle it back indoors without my wife noticing either. She now thinks I've gone totally insane. Apparently this, along with sitting in front of my pc wearing a funny hat, headphones, gripping joystick,shouting, laughing, singing happy birthday to my pc.....its just more confirmation that I'm going ga-ga in my middle age!

• 2. Administrators

Just to tease Nick a bit. The pen is for scale reference. This is a BIG plane!

[attachment=1]

Do you mean me? I do like the Beau - I admit it. Happiness is truly a pair of big bristols.

Looking forward to the finished article m8.

Jabo

Here's my 11 year old's Hally. I set up the airbrush for him, but he did all of the painting himself. I just need to convince him to neaten up the tyres with a brush, and it's better than I ever did at his age!

[attachment=1]

Indeed, quite an accomplishment for an 11 year old! I can be glad if I even finish one like he does. I have done some models too some years ago I think, but I got them all messed up I remember..

Here's what I bought as recently as this afternoon:

Picture0027.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 Stuka B-2

It's my first serious attempt in several years, will post some pictures of it when it's done.

And nice job on the Beau Rattler, I see you managed not having glue on the glass. I remember it was always that part where I had to be extra careful.

And nice job on the Beau Rattler, I see you managed not having glue on the glass. I remember it was always that part where I had to be extra careful.

:roflmao: That's because the glass is not glued in yet, mate! After spraying. Also, I use plain white glue for clear parts, not regular plastic model glue or ACC instant glue either. It will craze the clear parts. White glue (Elmer's, or similar) is good enough.

• 2. Administrators

Yep, FW P.II, proof positive that by June 1943, Kurt Tank had completely lost the plot - fortunately for the pilots, this aircraft never went beyond the drawing board.

You can find out more here, and more about Luftwaffe secret projects at www.luft46.com

Jabo