Insurance

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Hi all,

Do any of the Brit DDz have any recommendations re: car insurance? I'm changing the vehicle next week, and my current insurer wants to charge me an additional £100 for the rest of the year (it expires in December), and my policy goes up to over £600 (from about £400) next year!! All this with a clean licence, no dings or convictions for a smaller, newer, more secure vehicle....WTF? I've only got a year's no claims bonus at present, which should be 2 years in December.

Jabo :driving:

• 2. Administrators

I've used 'Swintons' as a broker for years and they have been very good, looking around and giving me the best quotes. Google them and see what you think.

Sid

• 2. Administrators

Simples...lol

Well, Swintons have just stitched me up for the last time...Having got a reasonable quote, this morning I toddled off to the local Swinton office to cancel my current policy, only to be told that if I cancelled my insurance before the policy expired (6th December), I would be not only charged TWO month's premiums, but also a cancellation fee of £50! (My premiums are about £35p/m!) To make a long story short, I have opted to stay with them until the policy expires and then take my ball (and another year's NCB - hopefully) and go play in someone else's garden.

Yours etc

Disgusted of Coventry