A never shown homemovie, starring BG and family

campi

Ignorant #$%$# The tree had a natural lean towards the house, Should of put a better knee cut in it and then a finish cut much higher to make it fall away. Possibly even put a 100+ foot tow rope to it and give it a gentle pull away from the house.

The rope could have been tied to the tree left and would have gone a long way to helping.

I cut a tree in the summer when it was in full leaf, had a 10,000lb tie down strap securing it so it wouldn't go the wrong way.

A gust of wind came up(prior to a thunderstorm) and that strap snapped like a bit of twine. Tree took out 20 ft of the fence.

My neighbor was not amused.

That was just plain stupid. The tree has a decided lean towards the house to start with and no matter how good you are at cutting, it will always go towards the lean. It is possible to insert wedges and change the falling direction somewhat but that is not always guaranteed. He also must have cut right throw the tree otherwise his saw would have been stuck in the tree when the tree "sat down" on his saw. You have to leave at least a few inches of wood and not cut through otherwise the tree becomes completely unstable. I am sure Bucky will be along to offer his expert opinion. I am surprised he has lived as long he appears to have.

:bg: