cockpit roll ??!

gec

hey guys. i was speaking with Vila today and he has a strangest problem with IL2.

when he makes a roll instead of hes horizon, hes cockpit is rolling. so if he fly's upside down hes cockpit is up!?

any ideas?

how very odd. Is there a setting in conf.ini somewhere which does this?

~S~ Jabo

hmm...if i would know that i would help hem correct it. i remember Funflak once saying that he changed something in settings and that totally helped hem to be a better pilot. maybe that has something to do with that.

• 2. Administrators

sry m8.

that's why i always say that i do not know good English. no disrespect ment.

only wanted to say that i would like to know the answer so i can help my friend Vila.

none taken. I'll have a look through the ini files and see if I can find something to help you and Vila out.

~S~ Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Would like to see the contents of his conf.ini file.

Can you somehow get it from him, and post it here?

Then again, not sure if I really understand the issue:

- "when he makes a roll instead of hes horizon, hes cockpit is rolling."

Okay, this is what happens when in external view: Aircraft rolls, Horizon stays horizontal. That's normal.

When in cockpit, it should not happen. Correct would be: Aircraft rolls, wings stay horizontal, horizon rolls.

- "so if he fly's upside down hes cockpit is up!?"

When in external view, this is not normal.

When in cockpit view this is correct.

So, I find this a bit contradictory... or is it just me?

Would like to see the contents of his conf.ini file.

Can you somehow get it from him, and post it here?

Then again, not sure if I really understand the issue:

- "when he makes a roll instead of hes horizon, hes cockpit is rolling."

Okay, this is what happens when in external view: Aircraft rolls, Horizon stays horizontal. That's normal.

When in cockpit, it should not happen. Correct would be: Aircraft rolls, wings stay horizontal, horizon rolls.

- "so if he fly's upside down hes cockpit is up!?"

When in external view, this is not normal.

When in cockpit view this is correct.

So, I find this a bit contradictory... or is it just me?

hey FT ty for your answer.

when i fly (and i'm always talking in cockpit. same goes for Vila) and when i roll what happens is my cockpit is stationary and my horizon is rolling. my gauges are always in the bottom of the screen no matter how i roll.

Vila has some problems with hes ISP at the moment that's why i'm doing this for hem.

ok guys. we sorted the problem. i went there and just copied my il2 game folder to hes computer so he does not need to reinstall the game all over again. and everything is working fine now.

thx for the support guys.

:madpc:

O0 Now that's a cool solution!

(Yet, I'm sitll curious what caused this... ah well, now we'll probably never know! :gone_fishing:)

Yes, I agree it is a good fix - but like FT I'd have been keen to know what caused it. It would have been interesting to see his conf.ini file.

It's perhaps worth noting that for future reference. If it happened again I would suggest keeping a copy of the conf.ini for 'post-mortem' purposes.

B