Re: one for doubletap - P-47d model

delta7

thanks for the replies guys-

Toner Im doing well , hope you are also mate .

rattler - the p-47 was the best engineered kit Iv tried - many parts just clicked into place - the only hassle was the decals around the open rads on the fuselague

BTW check out this for a zero , its going to be my next one as well

http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/reviews/ ... ewbg_1.htm

S

delta7

Dave,

OOooh, nice.  I love the detail in the cockpit.  I do so love that plane.

Jeez, is that a drop tank under it?  Its freaking huge and seems an odd shape.  Not that I don't think the sucker could get off the ground with it...

Glenn

Sorry, I klicked the wrong icon.

Nice models guys. I still have a bunch of the ones I built yrs ago, but haven't been able to due to my hands not being nearly as steady. Still have a few i did when I was 16.

I assume that is 1/32 scale. Tamiya and Hasegawa were my fav companies, but Tamiya just got priced out of my range yrs ago. I can imagine what those things cost now.

I always used flat paints a couple of yrs ago, brushed as I always thought air brushing was a bit off scale in appearance with the overspray.....using the equipment around in the 70s and early 80s.

I still have a few kits and some custom decal sets around here someplace. The last ones I bought were some former FROG kits cast in Russia in 1/72, including a Vultee Vengance and a P-51A. I sold most of the kits I had last yr, but still have some others.

EDIT

I tried to find some pix of them, but the only one I found was this shot I took last yr of my 25 yr old Hasegawa 1/32 Spit mkV. Ignore the chick. The paint was a water based flat that has held up well. Just remember that you gotta minimize handling the flat finishes, as finger grease will mess them up.

IMGP0059resized.jpg

So what'dya think of the Malta paint job on my Spit. I love Hasegawa kits. Haven't built one in yrs though. I sold most of my plethora of kits at a local trade store, but still have a few.

I always enjoyed that when I was alot younger, but these blasted fligt sims have replaced them for me I think. The cockpit detail is impressive. Reminds me of my Monogram