Does this P-51 Cockpit seem small to you?

Tonar

• 2. Administrators

I'm guessing it's a fish-eye lens, so...... Enforcer could answer this correctly.

I think it's just distortion through the canopy in this case.

Looks about right for a P-51 in terms of size. Bigger than a Spit anyway...

~S~ Jabo

Greyknight's suggestion is what came to mind first for me. It could just be the extreme wide angle setting of the lens (which is pretty extreme) that causes such distortion.

However, the guy flying it must be a gigantor from the planet Grognor or something, as he looks way tall, but that could be part of the distortion effect. I think this is a reduced scale machine for several reasons:

The paint scheme is so far out that it doesn't look like any of the 100+ 51s flying today, or at least like a scheme an owner of one of these things would use (maybe, maybe not). It looks like it's in the markings of one of the Enforcer prototypes (no, I didn't name it that, the company proposing to build a modern turbo version named it).

I also have never seen a 51 pilot fly one those things without some kinda headgear......whether WW2 cloth helmet or modern flight helmet, usually the latter. Doesn't mean they don't or can't , I just never saw such at an any of the myriad of airshows Ive been to. Really means nothing though, it could easily be a real 51. But I think that guy is a bit large.

• 2. Administrators

Reviewing my earlier post, I'm inclined to agree Enforcer - when you add the fact that there is no gunsight (surely a stock restoration would have one) and for that matter I'm not sure about the cockpit layout either (although you can't make out much of it)

~s~ Jabo