Re: Formation stuff

DD_Bucky

~S~ Everyone!

Good day, and welcome to the Great White North.Todays topic is Formation Flying.

Okay,so like ever see footage of those pilot guys in WWII flying their planes close together?Looks pretty cool,eh?Ok that's called a formation.The reason they did that is 'cause so they could keep track of each other and cover their butts and look around for the hosers called the enemy.

So like that's the topic for today,so G'day Eh!

bobanddoug.jpg

hi mate - we have tried to get basic wingman training going umpteen times without much result- so trying to get flight training would be impossible I think - but drop painless a line -he set up stuff for the wingmen so he might have some ideas - there should be some info in

Hoo boy,I've gone and done it now.A 109 skin on a spit?!...Made you look ha ha..lol.

I realize the formations were spread out more,I was just practising some close formation stuff.Like I said,I was bored.But I'm glad to see I sparked some interest on the subject.I appreciate your replies.

Could you imagine what it would be like doing some precision flying,like the Blue Angels and other real life squads do?That's pretty amazing stuff.All this talk about formations reminds me of J.O.Speaking of...(nice sageway eh?)...I have signed up for the BFS Feb.class.

I completed BFS last June,but I want to do it again.I was pretty nervous the first time,but now I feel my skill level has increased somewhat.I'll be more confident and relaxed this time.I really want to excell in the formation stuff.Especially the taking off/landing in formation part.I think that stuff is so cool.

Heh,I seem to have formation stuff on the brain lately.So just let ol'bucky go with it....it's my "new" thing..lol.But hey ,seriously now,are there any other dogz interested in this?Maybe we could get something going.

I know Delta-7 touched on this above,but hey like I said,just thinkin' out loud.

I find with the rather limited optics we have in this game (compared to real life) you almost need the flight leader to call out each move (pulling left, climbing, etc).

Too many times I lose him behind the various cockpit frames and bars which in real life having a moving head and 2 eyes would allow you to see past.

That's a cool shot Rattler, but what makes them look so close is the distortion and compression caused by the Zoom lens on high magnification. It probably didn't even look like this through the lens. One of the odd things caused in cameras by zooming.

You can take a shot of somebody standing 100 meters behind another person, but a zoom lens shot taken from a distance will make it look like they are no more than 10 feet apart.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Bucky, I love the challenge of formation flying M8.

In case you haven't seen it here is a link to "Flying Fecktards" in our vault.

http://www.dangerdogz.com/k9vault/Download/Documents/

It was Kilnger and myself learning to fly aerobatics in Tempests.

We had Pooka, Guitarman, BG all show up for a couple of practice sessions but in the end it would need a huge effort and lots of practice hours to get more than two pilots synchronised .

Kling made a MOVIE of a reasonable run through a routine so it could be viewed by anyone without the game being installed.

I am up for practicing combat or aerobatic formation flying anytime. :)

Would love to form a DDz team.

There is no better way to improve your aircraft control, SA and concise comms.

~S~ Paintard.

PS, PLEASE don't do that horrible skin thing on a Spit M8 ! I felt off colour all morning because of that ! LOL ;)