Guitarmans Model

guitarman68

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Nick,

Hope your feeling a little better now after your "gut rot" weekend M8 ;)

"Dry brushing" is great for highlighting,(instrument panels), as is "wash painting" for lowlighting, (panel lines) but you already know that by the looks of things.

Obviously wash painting can be dodgy because it involves thinners but you can get around that by spraying a coat of varnish before hand and allowing a couple of days to dry.

Did you re carve the panel lines where seems required rubbing down ?

I think you have found a new "special friend" amongst the DDz M8........"Nice work M8, you have a nice feel for drybrushing, perfect for aircraft."

BA you sly old dog , that was subtle !!!! LMAO ;)

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Nick,

Hope your feeling a little better now after your "gut rot" weekend M8 ;)

"Dry brushing" is great for highlighting,(instrument panels), as is "wash painting" for lowlighting, (panel lines) but you already know that by the looks of things.

Obviously wash painting can be dodgy because it involves thinners but you can get around that by spraying a coat of varnish before hand and allowing a couple of days to dry.

Did you re carve the panel lines where seems required rubbing down ?

I think you have found a new "special friend" amongst the DDz M8........"Nice work M8, you have a nice feel for drybrushing, perfect for aircraft."

BA you sly old dog , that was subtle !!!! LMAO ;)

you been sniffing the glue again painless?

I am still using a brush to paint but hope to get a spray gun soon.

I put on a surface primer and it worked better than straight onto plastic- tamiya white

brush tips- thin down the paint. It should have the consistancy of milk.

leave to dry before going near it again- I use xtracolour and they take 3 to 4 days to dry

once you have done the basic paint job coat the plane in future and leave to dry- it is now safe to handle and you can put on effects. wash the panel lines, put on highlighting , smoke etc, without ruining the base paint

put on decals.

finish with matt varnish to tone down the future and seal on decals.

hope this helps

you been sniffing the glue again painless?

I am still using a brush to paint but hope to get a spray gun soon.

I put on a surface primer and it worked better than straight onto plastic- tamiya white

brush tips- thin down the paint. It should have the consistancy of milk.

leave to dry before going near it again- I use xtracolour and they take 3 to 4 days to dry

once you have done the basic paint job coat the plane in future and leave to dry- it is now safe to handle and you can put on effects. wash the panel lines, put on highlighting , smoke etc, without ruining the base paint

put on decals.

finish with matt varnish to tone down the future and seal on decals.

hope this helps

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Dave, yup I had just done a couple of hours of building the Titanic as it happens ! LOL

Its an incredible kit but will take forever to finnish.

Final coat of varnish would look better silk or satin finnish btw, this gives a scale "shine".

~S~ Glueless

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Dave, yup I had just done a couple of hours of building the Titanic as it happens ! LOL

Its an incredible kit but will take forever to finnish.

Final coat of varnish would look better silk or satin finnish btw, this gives a scale "shine".

~S~ Glueless

• 2 weeks later...