fw190A6 model started

delta7

here is the start of the FW190A6 1?48th Im working on.

The Eduard model is superb and its the first time Iv used photo etched parts -

Its very very tiny -the instrument panel is 6 parts, the seat belts are 2 parts each but its worth it I think

you can see a small map box and the rudder pedels are very detailed- pity they are going to be painted over in dull grey

121_2175.jpg

fwmodel2.jpg

~S~ Dave, thats the nicest 1/48th I've ever seen M8.

You are going to have to do one hell of a job with the paint to make the exterior look as good as the interior !! LOL

More pics please.

~S~ Painless

Im still undecided wether to open the cowls and show the guns and engine. I like the clean lines of the Fw but if I cover it up then thats a lot of work for no gain.

I am going to be very careful with the painting- learnt a few lesons with the last one so will take my time. this will be my last with a brush as well, seen too many good results with spray gun not to get one, but I like the feel of brush, if I could only get that smooooth finish Id stick with it.

121_2195.jpg

121_2194.jpg

next is a tiny amount of filling at wing roots and then sanding then painting

wheels are done but will be last thing to put on along with other external small parts

the gun hatches will stay open- in fact it would be very difficult to build it with mg151 hatch closed- here is what it should look like finished

fw190a6eduardjt_title.jpg