Anyone play LOMAC?

DAZZA

I bought it when it first came out and flew it with some of the other Danger Dogz, Bun-Bun, duffbear and gurypuddle.

It was fun at first ; particularly the A10 Warthog but I started to get very bored. Launching missiles at targets far away didn't involve close in dogfighting. A very complicated game and takes a while to get a handle on everything. Stuff like air-to-air refuelling.

Takes a lot more resources to run than iL2 and you will likely have to run your settings minimized.

Like BG, I'm not a big fan of shooting stuff from 20 miles away, and where evading a threat is as complicated as how quickly I can hit the flare button. I do agree that it looks awesome though. I guess I'm more of the "start engine, firewall throttle, pull trigger" kind of flyer.

I never got my TR1 unit working :cry:

And there are about 1000 different commands to assign. Tried the A-10, pulled the trigger... nothing; you have to go into the weapons assignments, define A/G weapons, define Gun, define type of round firing selection, define WTF to a key. Made me want to shout "Are we there yet?!"

OTOH, it's beautiful- best scenery I've seen in a sim, and very detailed models weapons, radar etc... I just don't have the patience for it :wink:

Hey my Korean buddy!

I've been around for short bouts the last couple of Thursdays. I've also been on the Winds of War server a couple of times in the last week... playing with Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa in my basement.

I'll be gone for a while after mid-May as I'll be in France and then we'll be moving. Then we have to get all the electrical and some of the telephone wiring re-done at the house we're moving to... so it may be a while- on the other hand; at the end of all that, I should have a dedicated computer room.

Thanks all

my first impression match what everyones saying. I couldnt even get the plane to fly in a straight line

is there a trim command?

besides that im finding the buttons a total pain in the arse to setup

i mean sometimes it doesnt even do what the hell you ask it to. extremely user-unfriendly.

then again it does look class so maybe il stick with it.

i really want this for it though:

side-2.jpg

• 11 months later...

Apologies for digging up an old thread, but I just got the LOCK ON: GOLD version of this and did a search to see who else flies it.

I agree with BG that all that Beyond Visual Range lock on and fire and forget crap bores me rigid too, but I love flying the A-10. I'm currently enjoying the 1st campaign for the A-10.

If anyone else still flies it, would you fancy trying a co-op in it? Or even a guns only dogfight with the MIG-29 maybe?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey I kent fine the chec spaillin botun anymoore :huh:

Promote that man at once to Colonel...godd spot they've turned the pspell library off again on the server.

OK ticket being raised.