How do you fly?

Klinger

I'm interested in how different people fly in different styles in different planes.

For example, in a Normandy Coop, I will normally take a P51 or FW, perhaps a

109, and try to B nZ. Pretty cowardly, huh? :) Seems like the guys in Spits. etc.

are always willing to get stuck in, and have some great fights (and fun!) a lot more

than I would. :)

When practicing for the 2v2, I got to fly the P40M a lot against AI, in a style that

I wouldn't dare try against savvy humans. (ie. you lot. :))

This is the best I will ever get in that plane. (After 2 hours of trying!)

http://www.dangerdogz.com/downloads/p13 ... fileid/274

AI 25% fuel, me 50%, just to make it lively.

What are your experiences flying out of you comfort zone?

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Kling, awesome track M8 !

Talking about flying "out of your comfort zone" I think we have quite a few very good T and B flyer's in the K9's but very few equally good B and Z experts. This leads me to believe that most folks "comfort zone" is to get stuck in and see what happens. You , Ace and a couple of others seem to be the only ones who have the discipline to watch and wait for that low risk kill.

That track shows that you can T and B with the best of us when thats what is required but not many of us ,(myself included) have the patience to B and Z well consistently.

My own "out of comfort zone" experience was practicing with Pete, (Rattler) for the 2 vs 2 in P40Ms funnily enough, purely because of the no icons settings we were using :o

That , rather than aircraft type seemed to effect the way I flew ,(got the crap shot out of me LOL).

They used to say , and probably sill do, "first man to spot the enemy survives"

Anyway, these are the ramblings of a very tired little soldier, (two busy night shifts), so please excuse M8.

Hope all is still funky in Norway, cheers ,

LOL, Tonar, I would definately NOT say you suck m8.

Maybe TnB and BnZ are not mutually exclusive. Both ways you are trying to turn

energy into angles to get the shot. Who does that best, wins I guess.

I reckon I need to mix the methods a little more. :)

Cheers Mick, Norways great. Screwed a womans loose sash back in today. Now she wants

to meet me for a drink.

For me, it completely depends upon the plane. T&B in Zekes when flying early Japanese, but I switch to BnZ when I fly American or late war Japanese (Franks, Georges, etc.)

If my opponent starts to T&B in a BnZ plane, though, I will go T&B. I was flying Zeke's the other night with the guys, but the map was unbalanced, so I went Red. La-7's, P-63's, Yak 9U's.

Depends on my mood.. TnB if I'm lacking patience of time and BnZ if I just wanna hang and check the scenery.

Recently I've preferred High alt bombing in the betty.... 5k+ but 6k preferred... took out another 75% of ground targets with just the hum of the engines for company for around 30 mins :)

I think it's safe to say that I am a Turn and Burn kinda guy...

Although I must say nothing pisses me off more than some guy zooooming in from 7000 feet and catching me just right and blowing my wing off even though I am wagging and looking behind me...

OH CHRIST THAT PISSES ME OFF....

Miss me though, and your in trouble...

:diablo_ani_fire:

im with Rattler.....depends on the plane. I try to use the advantage of whatever im flying. I prefer speed and firepower as my main priorities though. My problem is my gunnery. I can do better in a deflection shot than from your 6.

In the seow kuban deal saturday, i was in a yak1B, and i kept getting surrounded by much faster 109s and FWs. All i could do was go defensive and make like I was playing twister with Jessica Simpson. But it worked. I made it home after countless ambushes, albeit full of holes.

What i didnt like was the fact that I was so much slower than the opposition, so i couldnt go offensive or get the advantage. I survived, but i didnt kill anything.

Interesting comments chaps. Words from the wise for sure.

I think two people that really have good know-how are Painless and Pooka.

Using solid wingman tactics, two good pilots are a match for anyone. :)

Not saying its easy in the less formal Dogz environment though. Finding a compatable wingie,

and keeping the discapline looks difficult. I'll be watching you two carefully when you hook up!

Have to admit, diving down on an EA at 700k does get my blood pumping, even

though I may only get a shot ~1 out of 3 times. Safe(ish) without a wingie.

Tricky with a P51 as you need a sustained burst to disable. But does that thing

handle at speed!

Can always zoom back up and try again. Mostly. :)

"Although I must say nothing pisses me off more than some guy zooooming in from 7000 feet and catching me just right and blowing my wing off even though I am wagging and looking behind me...

OH CHRIST THAT PISSES ME OFF...."

Oh, I am SO putting this into my personal databank...

I tend to fly differently depending on the situation-

on warclouds I am very carefull and wont attack unless I have a clear advantage - its all stalking and slashing attacks - there is loose team play but not that much and I tend not to comprimise my position a lot - even if a teammate gets himself into a bad situation - too many times Iv dived in to help only to get shot down myself while the " friend" escapes or I wound the guy and the friendly steals my kill

I tend to fly differently depending on the situation-

on warclouds I am very carefull and wont attack unless I have a clear advantage - its all stalking and slashing attacks - there is loose team play but not that much and I tend not to comprimise my position a lot - even if a teammate gets himself into a bad situation - too many times Iv dived in to help only to get shot down myself while the " friend" escapes or I wound the guy and the friendly steals my kill

I can only answer #1... Fighter-Bomber

During the Second World War, German forces coined the phrase Jabo short for Jagdbomber (Ger. "hunting bomber").

In US service ground-attack aircraft have been identified by the prefix A- as in "A-6". British designations have included FB for fighter-bomber and more recently "G" for Ground as in "Harrier GR1"

As for #2 = shoot quick or run away?

As for #3 = Coms?