4Th July Darwin Award

I guess he thought it would 'kick' like a gun would kick when it went off.  But not so much as to hurt him.  He was drunk though, so his judgement was obviously off...  I think this was just a sad mistake.

But yes, it deserves to go on the Darwin list.

Note the comment about "He was always making jokes, we thought he was joking". 

I knew of a kid in high school like this.  Guy was an ass, but that's not the point.  Point is he was swimming (in a place with clearly marked with "NO SWIMMING!" signs, but then, rules are for other people, right?), got a cramp, and started screaming that he was drowning. But no one believed him because he "cried wolf" constantly.  By the time they figured out that this wasn't a joke, he'd drowned.

I find it very difficult to feel sympathy for these types.

• 1. DDz Quorum

There was another report of a 30 year old father of two, thought it would be impressive to launch a firework off his chest.

Impressive yes, but for entirely the wrong reasons, it was the last thing he did.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3153039/Postal-worker-30-dies-setting-firework-CHEST.html

• 1. DDz Quorum

Incredibly bloody stupid yes, however.....

I don't know about you guys but I have done some very stupid and risky things and by sheer good luck was not killed or injured too badly.

Just being cautious about getting on my high horse also considering what my son Marc recently did to himself.

P.

• 2. Administrators

It's easily enough done Mick and like you, I've had my fair share of 'near misses' and it's only afterwards that you realise how bloody stupid you'd just been. Difference that some people will learn from that experience and some never get the chance. Just goes to show how narrow the line can be between a jolly jape and catastrophe.

I wouldn't worry too much about your high horse Mick. we all know where you're coming from (I think)

J.