Wiscombe

DD_Arthur

It's a glorious, cloudless Saturday morning.  I'm sitting in the dappled shade of my garden reading the paper, drinking coffee and smoking a crafty cigarette.

My wife is pottering in her greenhouse but I can feel the thought-waves boring into the back of my head - "why aren't you mowing the lawn / tiling the roof / painting the bathroom?" etc.  

The 'phone rings. It's my mate Dave - a man in a similar condition to myself, lol.

"Wiscombe?" he says.

"Wiscombe......When?"

"In an hour"

"You're on!"

Forty minutes later I'm grabbing camera and youngest son and we're out the door.

001_1.jpg

IMG_5991.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

IMG_6220.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_6025.jpg

map.jpg

When I got home I realised I'd taken enough moving pictures to knock up a little film.  My apologies for forgetting to grab a tripod so things can get a bit...er..shaky!  Also, I've edited it together not in a chronological order but to give some idea of the layout of the course.  Therefore my little movie starts by panning around the paddock as our dog-burgers get blown off the table and then moves off up into the woods.  So you'll see several shots of the same cars during different runs up the course.  Does that make sense?  Oh well................................

Oh yeah, my camera ran out of battery before we got up to the finish line - where I discovered my spare was flat too - doh!

IMG_6214.jpg

IMG_6204.jpg

IMG_6201.jpg

IMG_6183.jpg

IMG_6192.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks Arthur, can't beleive they haven't put up all kinds of barriers and such for safety reasons and ruin it..  The boy is getting bigger.