Exciting News At Headcorn Aerodrome (Kent, Uk)

BluBear

I just can't believe how expensive it is, the Stearman is cheaper per hour than the Tiger Moth.............8 Grand for a 10 hour conversion to a Harvard, if Guy Black was running this outfit he'd use a Chipmunk for the Spitfire conversion.

Are the chances of going up in the two seat Spit still as remote as growing a tail Chris ?

Lovely pictures btw m8

P.

Well, apparently changes within CAA legislation are afoot, finally!

From what I have read, the intention is to operate under the same rules as our friends in the Southern Hemisphere, where rides in Warbirds are not a problem.

Of course, it's still going to cost you a few organs...

But! At least (hopefully) it will finally be an option. :)

I must start playing the lottery...

I thought it had been possible for ages, it was done via loophole, pay £3000 for a membership fee and get a complimentary half hour ride in the grace spit.

My understanding of upcoming regulations don't sound that friendly, this EASA business is beginning to sound like a fiasco, honestly it is European bureaucracy gone mad, they issue a licence which is all printed on an A4 sheet and give you a tiny multi sleeve license holder and then give strict instruction that the license page must 'not' be cut down to its individual sections to fit inside the multi sleeve holder??? I might not be allowed to fly the Stearman any more because it is an Annex 2 aircraft, to fly it I might have to have a national license along side the EASA one.........I could go on.

A lottery win and I might talk to these folks, one of the instructors there is a colleague who flies the Stearman too.

http://www.boultbeeflightacademy.co.uk/