F-35 Unintentional Loop At Takeoff On A Carrier

T_O_A_D

Sorry its a Facebook link, but if you have it, its worth the watch.

Read the text before watching the video - F-35 unintentional loop at takeoff on a carrier

This guy clearly has brass and you know the sailors on the flight deck had a cow when they saw this unfold in front of them. Intentional? Hardly!
This is unbelievable!
F-35 unintentional loop at takeoff a real "check your laundry" event.
A supremely well-trained US Navy pilot, ice running in his veins instead of blood, fully regains control of his $70 million, F-35 joint strike force fighter, after a problematic vertical take-off attempt... Watch as the rear vertical thruster fires to cause the problem.
There's nothing about this the pilot enjoys. If he could have ejected at 100' upside down and lived, he would have. Looks like the afterburner kicks in while still vectored for vertical takeoff. Lockheed would call this a "software malfunction" and do a little more "regressive testing". This is a good demonstration of power-to-weight ratio of this aircraft! And talk about stability control... wow!
If he didn't come out of the loop wings-level, it probably would have been bad news; maybe taking some of the carrier with him!
Add to this flying through your own exhaust, which can lead to equipment malfunctions, as in "flame out". The F-35 is single engine aircraft with vertical takeoff/landing capability, but it has the aerodynamics of a Steinway piano at zero airspeed. This is the most unbelievable piece of flying you will ever see in your life.
This guy's coolness saved a 70 million-dollar aircraft! On the other hand, he might not have had time to react to anything except just ride it.
I bet you'll watch it at least 2 times!

Share · March 10, 2011

I agree. 

Don`t want to burst anyone`s bubble but for such a maneuver the plane has to be build in Russia. Maybe in Battlefield series this is possible, even has a name tag  :P

Now this is how real planes operate.... masterpiece 

Dam my eyes, I didn't see that gaming shit in the small ass video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll go pay pentance

Bly getting my tail caught in a door

Ouch

That won't happen again!

Well it might Not getting any less blinder any time soon. :angry:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Lol, no worries Todd, we all seem to be getting visually challenged.

Last night I had been using the iPad for around 30 minutes wearing my glasses as always thinking these things don't cut it anymore, everything seems slightly blurred. Time to get some stronger ones.......

Siobhan came in to the kitchen and asked me why I was wearing her glasses !

P.

• Like 1