Remains Of King Richard Iii Found Under A Parking Lot After Missing For Centuries

T_O_A_D

Great story! Richard III found under a carpark in Leicester.

620x1.jpg

However, one big problem they've overlooked with this. Richard III had two feet. He was well known for this. His left one could generally be found next to his right one. Check out this contemporary portrait of Mr and Mrs. Richard III by renowned Dutch master Fooltrottle the Elder;mw1236591.jpgSee? Clearly the possessor of at least two feet. It's all a fake I tell you. Either that or his feet have been buried seperately in Burma.

• 1. DDz Quorum

A solitary Richard the Third found under a car park in Leicester........that's nothing! Where I walk the dog in Redditch I find many Richard the Third's just lying about on the path!!!

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ you doubting Thomass !

Watched the program about it last night and they got a DNA match with a living relative, the carbon dating was right and the "hunched" spine was there to see.

The injuries sustained were also consistant with the accounts of how he was killed.

Apart from that it could have been anybody ! LOL

The big hole in the skull was done by one of the archaeologist babes by accident with a pick !.......OOps.

~S~

Sorry, I'm just having fun here. Unlike Spitfires buried in Asia this is the real deal. They really have found Richard III buried under a carpark. The last Plantagenet king of England. It's astonishing and a truly remarkable piece of archeology.

Now you can be a cynic BA. After all, for a citizen of a republic dosen't this represent some sort of metaphor on the future of all monarchies; buried under a carpark? Or perhaps Shelley is more appropriate;

" I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,

Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown

And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.

And on the pedestal these words appear:

`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,

The lone and level sands stretch far away".

Wonder what did happen to his feet?

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Cynics inc.

The missing foot is easy to explain........souvenir hunters obviously !

Dear dear, just because the Spitfires weren't in the first hole they dug does not mean that they are not anywhere in Asia !

Oh I see your glass is half empty, let me top it up for you Thomas :pottytrain1: LOL

~S~ P.