Trying your other thing, now.

What actual keys are these below?

;toggle shader keycode
key_toggle = 19  <----------Pause/Break

;make screenshot keycode
key_screenshot = 123    <---------F12

;reload shader files keycode
key_reload = 0<--------??

Tried that, then removed and tried it with FlightFX and made basically the same thing Ultra SMMA,

The easiest way to see its working is to look at the text onscreen.

Both look the same, so do it as you please.

Much brighter than SweetFX profile we had been using, the colors look rich enough, but contrasted more to aid in finding targets. (I hope)

OK solved problem heres how I did it

1. Verify integrity

In the Steam GUI, go to the Library, then the game. Right-click > Properties > Local Files Tab > "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". It checks your game for corruptions and missing files, and will replace them as necessary.

2. Clear cache

In your Documents, go to the "1C Softclub" folder, then the "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder. Within is a folder labeled "cache". Delete the contents, specifically of a folder labelled "shaders".

3. Save INI **Your control and graphics config** eg - confuser.ini / conf.ini files

4. ran dotnetFX40 and fixed install

5. ran dxsetup that came with game

both above are in redist folder

6. Install patch

Open the patch executable file (run as administrator) and point the mod to your IL2 Cliffs of Dover Folder generally located inside Program files (x86). Click OK and a status bar will show installation progress. Once complete you can close the installer.

7. ***Very Important*** Start up IL2COD until you get into the loading screen. This creates a new folder under Documents/1cSoftClub called IL2 Cliffs of Dover - Mod. The Mod folder is where you place your saved config files.

8. Copy ini files over again to main folder

The installer creates a separate folder under Documents/1cSoft named IL2 Cliffs of Dover - MOD. Please note you must move copy your controls and graphics configs (generally confuser.ini and conf.ini) from the Documents/1CSoft IL2 Cliffs of Dover folder to the MOD one as they do not have your saved configs.

i.e.  the *.ini files need to be copied from

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover 

to 

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD directory

not from your

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

9. launched game set graphics resolution to match desktop , set all options to medium, no shadow, no grass, no epilectic filter  vsync enabled

10 able to fly :laughing7:

now need to set up x-52

• 1. DDz Quorum

Move steam away from Program Files ;)

Mine is (currently) in the root of my C: drive. None of that 'we know better than you what you should be modifying matey' nonsense from Windows that way.

New Steam does enable easy moving of game folders now too.

So wait, is it normal that antialiasing is still crap, and that selecting the gun loadout is still impossible? Because this is how it was one and a half years ago too and was basically the main reason why I got so pissed off with the game that I didn't bother reinstalling it.

I select my loadout with red tracers, I save it and select it for that plane, I go in game, with that plane, the plane still shoots default white tracers and I presume all the other default ammo and not incendiary/AP that I selected, and I get extremely fucking pissed off, again.

• 2. Administrators

Custom belt loading does not work in the QMB (can't change it and make it save in the QMB either, only online or in the fmb).

Its fine in single player missions and online though, its why i don't use the QMB, I've just made a load of single player missions (which it lets you customise through the menu anyway) which work really well though.

AA is still not good, need to use  a SMAA utility to improve it a bit, i linked one earlier in this thread. 

and I get extremely fucking pissed off, again.

Really?  Oh dear.  I'd suggest a quick break for the intake of a moderate amount of alcohol and some very loud dance music in the company of a willing young lady. :P 

You are quite right about the things you mention Rox and Fruitbat's advice is completely sound.  Lots and lots of bugs remain from when the developers abandoned this game.  Nevertheless, a small group of unpaid enthusiasts seem to be making astounding progress fixing or improving many of the problems this game was left with and after flying their patch with some of the guys here I think they deserve all our support and encouragment.    

Just installed the mod.  Very easy and quick after the download.  Install.  Run Clod.  Copy your *.ini files over.  Easy..

Not sure how much of it is my new video card or the mods, but it looks and runs great.  Now it is worth playing...

If you have not done this yet, do it now!!

and I get extremely fucking pissed off, again.

Really?  Oh dear.  I'd suggest a quick break for the intake of a moderate amount of alcohol and some very loud dance music in the company of a willing young lady. :P

You are quite right about the things you mention Rox and Fruitbat's advice is completely sound.  Lots and lots of bugs remain from when the developers abandoned this game.  Nevertheless, a small group of unpaid enthusiasts seem to be making astounding progress fixing or improving many of the problems this game was left with and after flying their patch with some of the guys here I think they deserve all our support and encouragment.    

Yeah, I was just expecting too much at first and it seemed to me when I fired up the new game that it was the same things as a year and a half ago with the same pet peeves so I cringed a bit. Regardless, I flew with Fenrir tonight and I must say the game is growing on me significantly with each new play. Not only the superbly detailed aircraft and damage models but also the entire sky and space itself as a physical dimension just feel a lot bigger, wider, and deeper.I just need to sit down for half an hour one day and sort out my controls and graphics so I get a smooth ride, and I might be glued to clod regularly. I'll also look into the AA fix that Kev mentioned.

I must say this Team Fusion patch has certainly breathed new life into CoD for me. Starting to look very much like the sim Oleg must have planned it to be. It's got "atmosphere". The sense of flight, the great sound scheme, the truly beautiful cockpits, the ability to fly a Spitfire on it's instruments without any on-screen aids. I love being able to slide the hood back and look out behind and see the rest of the flight around my 'plane. It all adds up.

I recorded the flight we took on Sunday night on the ATAG server. I think there were six of us - though FT, being a masochist took the Blenheim - where we formed up and encountered the incoming JU-88 raid. I spent about two hours last night taking screen shots of it with my freebie copy of Fraps to post here only to find the new, improved version of Photobucket (crap) dosen't like my bitmaps! By the time I'd found a slow way to convert 'em to Jpegs it was about 2 a.m. so here's just one of Toad and I orbiting Manston waiting to form up with you, Fenrir and Kev.

Launcher2013-03-2700-47-12-13.jpg

I'll sort the rest out soon but Rise of Flight is having a big update today too. My cup, it overfloweth!! :thumbsu:

• 2. Administrators

Arggggg, i can't fly on ATAG anymore, got perfect stats at the moment!!!

2 flights, 2 kills no deaths, no bailouts, and we know its all about the jedis stats. :shaunhb:

8 DD's in the stats pages now, and thats not including Rox,

I was never shot down on this server that I know of, I mean I was damaged once and wounded but I made a semi-landing back on the airfield (one gear collapsed). Yesterday I got a 4-second burst on an 88 that I think went plummeting after that and a one second burst all over a 109, I'm hoping those died, and I also got some hits on another 109 that attacked Fen and me who ran away after that.

There is some memory of colliding with a bomber during shooting but I can't make out if that was in IL-2 or Clod. Happens a lot to me lol.

And the third party AA fix is marvelous. :thumbsu:  Hopefully my slight graphics card issues won't prevent me from enjoying this game further, I've had some driver/hardware related crashes that I've experienced with Skyrim and Clod for a long time now that I'm unable to diagnose despite googling it countless times.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I spent about two hours last night taking screen shots of it with my freebie copy of Fraps to post here only to find the new, improved version of Photobucket (crap) dosen't like my bitmaps! By the time I'd found a slow way to convert 'em to Jpegs it was about 2 a.m.

I'll sort the rest out soon but Rise of Flight is having a big update today too. My cup, it overfloweth!! :thumbsu:

Irfanview is your friend, you just don't know it yet ;)

It will batch convert/resize amongst all the other fab things it does.

Dump yer bumps in a folder, point Irfanview at it, a few clicks and you can get on with life whilst it lifts the load for you.

post-284-0-55196700-1364415008_thumb.png

Oh.. and it will convert audio too ;)

They tend to lose this part often lol. Hans, fliegen sie die konvertibil Junkers variant?

NTVBz31.jpg

Hit the squishy parts.

DChgyx6.jpg

A slight tactical error on my part. Funny thing is after I lost the engine the Hurricane just started falling straight down vertically while the fuselage being aligned horizontally, had half of one wing and the entire other but it just kept falling straight and even any elevator or rudder input didn't change it, some kind of bug.

lZnrO0c.jpg

Another bug I noticed is that suddenly my game stopped showing any bullet holes from hits on planes (it only showed the larger structural damage textures after many sustained hits on the same parts). The second picture is an example, I riddled that 110 with almost all the Hurricane's ammo but no bullet holes show even though the damage is there. Game restart fixed that.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Love how the Navigator is holding his head in his hands.

Caption:

'Mein Gott Fritz, how many times have I told you to make sure it is latched?'

Or.

'Fritz! Lower your fists you dummy, this is not a boxing match, you cannot right hook the spitfires'.

Irfanview=nice :thumbsu:

Now then, where were we? Ah yes, orbiting Manston with Toad.

Launcher2013-03-2700-48-33-63.jpg

We're looking for this vic of Fenrir, Fruitbat and Rox.

Launcher2013-03-2700-49-48-72.jpg

We find 'em soon enough in the climb and then we're DangerDogz section heading southwest.

Launcher2013-03-2700-53-41-37.jpg

For a while we even manage a finger-four formation in our battle climb :salute:

Launcher2013-03-2700-54-20-87.jpg

In coming Ju-88 raid heading for Croydon I believe.

Launcher2013-03-2701-02-43-79.jpg

We get stuck into 'em.

Launcher2013-03-2701-06-15-31.jpg

Launcher2013-03-2701-08-49-67.jpg

Toad gives the navigator the last rites!

Launcher2013-03-2701-17-54-13.jpg

Meanwhile, somewhere far below, FT is confronted with that dilemma facing all Blenheim pilots. Sandwiches! Will it be Spam or fishpaste?

Launcher2013-03-2700-52-46-68.jpg

:icon_puke_l:  :icon_puke_l:

Friar; it'll be in the post on Saturday morning.  It's too good now to wait until Duxford and Kev has ordered us all to fly it as much as possible. Apparently it's good for learning formation flying and S.A. for our SEOW campaign.  I will obey the 'Bat. :salute: