Anyone Ever?

Mayhem

Has anyone every played this? Strike Fighters 2, looks pretty awesome.

And here's a review I haven't read all the way through yet.

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_431a.html

Oh and sounds like they are working on multiplayer. I'll try to confirm it.

Has anyone every played this? Strike Fighters 2, looks pretty awesome.

Oh and sounds like they are working on multiplayer. I'll try to confirm it.

here is the forum simHQ

Sorry Crash, but this link doesn't seem that useful. A direct link to thread would have been nice. I've read posts both ways, some say yes, some say no. I can't seem to find any official word however so everything I've read is just hearsay.

Either way, it looks it might be a fun sim. Here are some screenies. I'll probably wait for Flaming Cliffs 3 though.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2699376/38.html

The strike fighters series is a bit strange, it is more of a "Sim light" with very little avionics to it. Give me the DCS series or F4 any day of the week.

Not very interested in the A10. This sim just looked like something that would be fun to have some modern dogfight action with until FC3 comes out. Some people just like to have fun without being anal about it.

It is a pretty fun little sim, as Jedi said it's a 'sim lite' sadly no multiplayer (for now), but if it ever does get MP it would make a great little alternate for some jet coops, because it's nice and simple you don't need to have 1000 buttons mapped to different functions, oh and I happen to be a modder for the series too.....check out the EF-2000 I made (beta for the moment), if you have SF1 series I also made a EF-2000 for that....

http://combatace.com/files/file/12534-ef-2000-typhoon-beta-for-sf-2-series/

I have it, and agree with it's biggest pet peeve: For something that's named Strike Fighters, there sure is wayyyy too much A2A involved. My other issue is with bombing/scoring. I don't mind having 5-10% hit ratios on some of these missiles, as they simulate 1950's missile technology, but I do take issue with the seemingly atrocious calculations for bomb hits. It seems that you have to hit a target absolutely square to register a hit. You have the option to salvo bombs (at any of highly selectable numbers and delays, which, as a feature, is seldom seen, and absolutely awesome), but why would you, if you know that the first bomb will destroy the target, the target will disappear, and the others will count as misses, because the target's no longer there? Or, the fact that you have to get a dead on hit even with a 2000lber. Nope, sorry, very near misses don't count! :angry:

Oh, and the goofy, fake scenario didn't help, either. Plenty of real ones to go by and they choose to make one up that isn't even viable? Eh.

Overall, for atmosphere, I'd give it an 8 or 9. Brought home an A-4 once with the outer 1/4-1/3 of the wing missing from a 23mm hit, and making all kinds of weird gyrations. That was a sense of accomplishment, for sure.

But otherwise, it's very simple, press one button to switch AA to AG modes.

There's also the tracking feature that tracks every bomb, bullet and missile you ever fire. If you care at all about your percentages, you can forget about "practice". As far as the game's concerned, it's all going on the scorecard.

What did it in for me was the lack of a user mission editor. The computer made ones seemed dopey, and extremely limited.

They did make sequels. One was Wings Over Europe, the other Wings Over Vietnam. I bought both. Same issues apply. The carrier elements, when finally available in WOV, were decidedly meh.

On the plus side, there are lots and lots of nice user made airplanes out there. They were at http://www.column5.us/aircraft.shtml. Linky's messed up. Google it. It'll show.