My Wifes Trip To The Opticians Went Well

DD_Arthur

Just drove into town to pick up her new glasses. Met a parked lorry on the way home. I think we might have a peripheral vision issue here :icon_twisted:

005-1.jpg

Pity, it was a good old barrow. It's carted us all 'round Europe reliably these last ten years with all kinds of stuff thrown into it. An eleven year old 1.8l Passat estate? I think they'll write it off. Glad I just spent over £400 having a new cam-belt fitted. :shaunv2:

003-2.jpg

She can have my horrible hairdresser of a car Ford Focus and I'm gonna get myself a cheapie VW diesel Golf that'll do 50 to the gallon. :thumbsu: Thank heavens for protected no claims bonusses.

Ow! :confused3:

Thoguh I must say it looks rather weird how the outer side of the door just got broke off like that.

Basically I see that you caught a small part of the truck that sticked out and when it got stuck in the gap between the doors is when the real party started. :-\

• 1. DDz Quorum

I'd start with a refund request on those specs mate..

Doesn't actually look that bad, what is the rear qurter panel like, I can see it is a little scuffed.. may not be a write-off (2nd hand door will be cheap).

@Rox; yeah, she caught the rear light bracket of the lorry. Nice lorry driver calmed her down, pointed out no damage to his vehicle and put the door skin in the boot for her and kicked the door back into place so she could drive it home.

@Rog; it's got a broken electric mirror, a scrape starting in front wing, along front passenger door and on into rear quarter panel which is also slightly deformed. Looks like hinge-pillar damage too when the door skin got ripped off. Also central locking and interior lights no working which means the windows won't work (haven't tried 'em) which means the bloody control box under the front seats has gone u/s again.

I think we're talking over a grands worth of parts and labour (ex vat) and I think the cars book value is probably in the £1400 region. If that. It's a gonna.

Needs a door and a little body work on the rear quarter panel. Not that bad really, kinda looks worst then it actually is. Hinges might need a little straightening. You could get away with just a door for about 50 or 60 pounds I think. If you look around you could find the same color as I think these only came in 3.