Custom Roll-Out Flight Control Panel

PropNut

I built this for A.P. Hill the other day, need to drop it off to him next weekend on my way through his area (wife wants to visit Toronto). Thought I would share some pictures.

The panel is using a Leo Bodnar BU0836X controller board for 8 axis and 36 toggle switches. I could have added four more toggles but I thought it was too crowded as it is. I could always send him another sub panel for the side with an additional four toggles to plug in. It is made of 1/4" Baltic Birch plywood (high density multi-ply) painted black with vinyl accents added (I have a 24" vinyl cutter if anyone needs anything cut out). The box is 1/2" and 3/4" cabinet grade birch plywood with birch edge-banding. I designed the axis mechanisms myself, they are the same type that I use in my roll-out drawers. They are using three 10-turn Bourn 10k pots for trims, and eight 3/4 turn 10k pots for anything else that A.P. wants to use.

post-588-0-17307100-1318789711_thumb.jpg

post-588-0-82139100-1318789725_thumb.jpg

post-588-0-86376600-1318789726_thumb.jpg

Nice work!

Been wanting to build something like that for a spell now.

Just been too lazy to research the electronics, and learn what I would need to know.

The levers you have in the panel, are the 3/4 pots correct?

I'm assuming you can banned them to act as switches also, for games that don't have axis for lets say landing gear/radiator/etc?

I built this for A.P. Hill the other day, need to drop it off to him next weekend on my way through his area (wife wants to visit Toronto). Thought I would share some pictures.

The panel is using a Leo Bodnar BU0836X controller board for 8 axis and 36 toggle switches. I could have added four more toggles but I thought it was too crowded as it is. I could always send him another sub panel for the side with an additional four toggles to plug in. It is made of 1/4" Baltic Birch plywood (high density multi-ply) painted black with vinyl accents added (I have a 24" vinyl cutter if anyone needs anything cut out). The box is 1/2" and 3/4" cabinet grade birch plywood with birch edge-banding. I designed the axis mechanisms myself, they are the same type that I use in my roll-out drawers. They are using three 10-turn Bourn 10k pots for trims, and eight 3/4 turn 10k pots for anything else that A.P. wants to use.

WOW this is excellent work David. I know somebody that will be happry :)

Mario