The End Of Innocence

DD_Arthur

We're going to a wedding today. The wedding of the daughter of our old friends Pete and Britt. We've been looking forward to this all year. Pete and I have been friends for over thirty years when we did our basic training. Britt is Norwegian. They met when we were in Norway on our regular winter training.

It's a tribute to my mates charm and ingenuity that he persuaded this beautiful woman to leave her wonderful country to come live with him, a soldier, in grotty old Britain and believe me, compared to Norway, the UK is very grotty.

All her family are here now and we'll be on our way to the church in an hour. Although I was aware that a tragedy had taken place in Norway yesterday, I've just turned on the tv news to have the full horror revealed this morning.

I know we have no Norwegian members at present but I'd just like to say my heart goes out to the whole people of Norway at this time. That brave, resourceful, enlightened nation that have been very good friends to my country over many years. I will pray today.

It sounds just terrible, not only a large bombing just outside the goverment building, but also one of the largest shootings in modern history on the same day. The two events are not known if they are connected, but the horror that is still remains.

My sympathies to the norwegian people.

We do have one Norwegian member, Kimosabi, the first DD that I met before joining.

My wife and I spent several days wandering around Oslo a couple of years ago, it is heart rending to think of anyone being hurt or killed by this type of violence (or any type for that matter) in such a beautiful city.

Crap first I've heard of it.

Are any of your friends people from that area?

If so the Wedding may of saved some lives, besides tying two loves together. :thumbsu:

Edit: Just watched a news feed, terrible just terrible!

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Arthur,

What a bloody awful thing to happen !

I just saw the BBC news and it seems that a 32 year old white Norwegian male, (Anders Behring) who is a "right wing Christian" is responsible for both incidents. What an evil bastard !

They are confirming at least 92 dead : (

My deepest sympathies to all of the families and friends.

~S~ Painless