Buttons Buttons Buttons!

FoolTrottel

• 1. DDz Quorum

My new controller box is coming along nicely...

post-465-0-30110500-1310759509_thumb.jpg

Basically, it's a cheapo lunchbox with 36 buttons....

Wiring inside:

post-465-0-88609500-1310759522_thumb.jpg

Now there is a logic behind the coloring and order of the buttons.

Haven't found out what logic yet, but it múst be there, I put them in that order... :icon_cyclops_ani:

My new controller box is coming along nicely...

post-465-0-30110500-1310759509_thumb.jpg

Basically, it's a cheapo lunchbox with 36 buttons....

Wiring inside:

post-465-0-88609500-1310759522_thumb.jpg

Now there is a logic behind the coloring and order of the buttons.

Haven't found out what logic yet, but it múst be there, I put them in that order... :icon_cyclops_ani:

Good stuff FT, I'm gessing that you have bought a Leo Bodnar's circuit board. Here is a picure of my box. I really like it !

115.jpg

114.jpg

MT

That is pure genius FT. Just watch you don't get bits of ripe banana stuck in the backs of the switches if you still still use it for sandwiches. No chance of that with your setup, eh, MadTrooper?

I don't think so, see the panel box as an inclination that would make crumbs roll right off it :) The important thing in building such a box is that it does what it was design to do and I like mine because all the switches are easy accessed with my left hand while I have the right hand on the joystick...or holding my sandwich.. LOL

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sliders have been added, as well as external (Gameport) connector to pedals (with brake). Total of 8 sliders.

post-465-0-48226100-1310904026_thumb.jpg

All the wiring done. (Not to messy, could even call it neat, compared to my old box)

post-465-0-68402800-1310903975_thumb.jpg

There happens to be a ruler kinda thing in the bottom of above picture, it shows millimeters, and so gives you an idea of the size this box is...

Rear view, connector to bodnar board, and Gameport for pedals.

post-465-0-78097800-1310904072_thumb.jpg

And now about to start the most daunting task: Go through all axis and button assignments for IL2, not only for all those new buttons, but also for my Guillemot, as it has now become the 1st game controller, it used to be third... :notfair:

Your equipment looks enormously impressive, MadTrooper, but should you be revealing your habits so openly. I was hoping to do a bit on mine as I have been on holiday for a couple of weeks. Sadly, Mrs Shadrach gave me an extensive todo list including redecorating a couple of bedrooms and erecting a garden fence. If she sees me doing anything connected with flying games or even a longing glance at the computer I get a smack round the back of the head. She has gone to the kitchen to make a cup of tea so I am typing feverishly before she comes back and dishes another thwack.

Your equipment looks enormously impressive, MadTrooper, but should you be revealing your habits so openly. I was hoping to do a bit on mine as I have been on holiday for a couple of weeks. Sadly, Mrs Shadrach gave me an extensive todo list including redecorating a couple of bedrooms and erecting a garden fence. If she sees me doing anything connected with flying games or even a longing glance at the computer I get a smack round the back of the head. She has gone to the kitchen to make a cup of tea so I am typing feverishly before she comes back and dishes another thwack.

Thank you Shadrach, I hope that you will find time for yourself after all the stuff you got to do. I guess that I'm lucky, my wife is into computer gaming as well. Working an a switch panel would be a good winter project.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ FT m8,

That looks like an excellent idea, (reaching for the keyboard sucks ! LOL)

You could also keep your "stash" in there ! LOL

MadTrooper sir, that is seriously flash m8 !! Love it .

~S~ Painless

~S~ FT m8,

~S~ Painless

Thanks Painless. Its appreciated.

~S~ FT m8,

~S~ Painless

Thanks Painless. Its appreciated.

Nice work guys!

You guys have inspired me!

I just ordered a Leo Bodnar BU0386 (vanilla) and plan to mod my CH Pro Throttle.

I haven't figured out the exact configuration I will implement but the main functionality I'm missing at this point are trim wheels... I'm thinking three pots in the rear left side of the base: one on the side for elevator trim, one on the front for rudder trim and one on the top for aileron trim; leaving space for a bunch of low profile buttons either on the top or on the front..

Cheers,

C_G

You guys have inspired me!

I just ordered a Leo Bodnar BU0386 (vanilla) and plan to mod my CH Pro Throttle.

I haven't figured out the exact configuration I will implement but the main functionality I'm missing at this point are trim wheels... I'm thinking three pots in the rear left side of the base: one on the side for elevator trim, one on the front for rudder trim and one on the top for aileron trim; leaving space for a bunch of low profile buttons either on the top or on the front..

Cheers,

C_G

That sounds great Cold Gambler.:)