Old Games

Mayhem

Just to let you all know Good Old Games has a promo now on several old games for 2.99 US a piece including both Descent 1 + 2 together or Descent 3 http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue/#action=addtocart&addedid=addtocart_descent_1_descent_2 . Descent 2 was my favorite personally. There is also a mod project for it called D2X-XL http://www.descent2.de/ that enhances the game. Just thought I'd put it out there. You might want to check out Freespace 2 as well.

That's spooky! I just recently dug out my old Tie Fighter's Collector's CD (designed originally for MS-DOS) from my old games box and found out that you can patch it up with a new mod that GREATLY improves the graphics...

http://www.darksaber...tpacktftc2.html

http://www.xwaupgrade.com/

Totally awesome to play this old fave of mine with outstanding graphics. There's even a hex edit to get it to run at today's resolutions too.

This is my fave 'bird' of all time....

tiefighter_1_1.png

Speaking of fighting in space Freespace 2 has a very large and active community with many mods that greatly enhance the game. There is a Star Wars mod for it too. And speaking of Star Wars I never played X-wind alliance but I'd like to pick it up somewhere if I could.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Old games.. Wing Commander was one of my favourites.

Remembering the copy protection they implemented, asking wat word x on line y on page z in the manual was.

My photocopy got well ragged :thumbsu:

EXACTLY

Like jet aircraft, these new fangled computer games are just a passing Fad.

Soon we’ll be back to a world filled with real airplanes with propellers, and the wonderful throaty ROAR of real aircraft engines. Plus, we will once again enjoy healthy outdoor recreational activities in the sunshine and fresh air.

Archery and Rifle shooting come immediately to mind.

Four hours of practice each Sunday after Church Parade, will do wonders for the country. ;)

It’s good to see you here again Mate. I hope that all is well with you and your family.

~S~ you two!

It went like this Snacko...

• IL-2
  • Warhammer Online
  • LOTRO
  • Eve Online
  • Champions Online
  • DCS: Black Shark
  • Half Life 2
  • Portal
  • Mass Effect 2
  • RIFT (beta)
  • KOTOR 1
  • KOTOR 2
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • Aliens V Predators
  • BEEP
  • Minecraft
  • TIE Fighter
  • Magic The Gathering; Planeswalkers
  • Team Fortress 2

So that's me at the moment, LOVING Team Fortress 2. Anyone else play it? It's free on Steam now and I can't stop laughing when I play it. Great sense of humour in this game. Normally I can't stand 1st person FPS, since they're swamped with cheating teens running hacks and auto-aim shit. But TF2 is great fun.

When I saw this, I thought we would be talking about games like Marbles and Mumbley-Peg.

Games that were played outside in the sun and fresh air, using marbles and knives.

I’m showing my age. :icon_farao:

:blink: Do you honestly believe that today's Big Bad World aphobic parents would let their children play with such toys? Marbles to choke on, knives to cut themselves to ribbons with, arrows to hole themselves with and guns to shoot themselves with??? :lol:

Seriously, parent's aren't what they used to be, never mind the children. They're as tough as ever. They just aren't given a chance to prove it.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Team Fortress 2!!!!!! And to think I actually paid 10 bucks for it. Now all you lummoxes get to play it for free. Oh well, plenty of fresh newbs to thrash. :D