Uk Dogz - Cassette To Mp3?

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute,

Does any UK Dog have the facility of converting cassettes to MP3 and who would not mind doing a bit of converting for me. I know there are players around that will do it but I was being a "tight fisted old git" and wondering if someone already has one.

I have some tapes of an old radio series called "The Navy Lark" I would like to be able to listen to in the car.

My car has an MP3 (NOT mp4) player via a usb port.

I say NOT mp4 as I tried plugging in an ipod nano with mp4 tracks and the car player could not read them.

Cheers

Friar

I thought any old cassette player with a 3.5mm audio jack would work, just use a double ended audio lead and plug it into the AUX input of the soundcard, record the whole tape...chop it up into individual tracks if you like with cheap or free audio editing sofware.

• 2. Administrators

I can do it for you Col, how many cassettes are you talking about?

Jabo

P.S. Surely .mp4 is a video format akin to mpeg? It'd be pretty difficult to get your car stereo to play those.

Colin, Jabo very kindly did me a dvd of some sixty episodes of the Goon Show!!! :thumbsu: I got one of my boys to put half of it on his i-pod nano (which he dosen't use anymore since he got an i-phone) and I listen to it through the car stereo via a, er thing.......which plugs into the i-pod and broadcasts on fm to the car stereo. It cost nineninetynine (my favourite price) from a petrol station a couple of years ago. It works a treat.

• 2. Administrators

Ah yes, my Goon Show odyssey continues, although it's getting difficult to find/rip off new epsiodes, still haven't reached 70 yet. Due to Aunties policy of record/wipe/record in the 50's, the first three series are missing in their entireity, even the Goon Show archive doesn't them (although they do have some of the scripts), and there are gaps elsewhere too. They're probably gone for good by now, but we live in hope...

Anyway, how many cassettes do you need doing Col?

Jabo