Yeah I Should Have Payed More Attention

Streak

Well I finally put Windows 7 Professional on my computer and need some help.

I moved all my IL2 installs to the external drive before upgrading the comp. Now I just need to know how to put them back and make them operational under the the new operating system.

I know others have already been through this and posted about it. But when I do a search for those topics, it says I'm using banned search terms and such.:icon_cry:

I also need to now if TS3 can be salvaged or if I just need to re-install it.

On the plus side though.....TrackIR-5 software is finally working with my TIR-3 hardware.:goodjob:

• Like 1

I'm not sure one TS3 TS2 yes.

IL2 is on an external so you can place it anywhere on the installed drive short the Program files folder.

Most of us have just made a new folder, or partition and placed it in there outside of the OS entirely.

I'm glad to hear about the TR5 thing I need to do that to my TIR3 aswell.

• 2. Administrators

Yep, just put a shortcut to the il2fb.exe file on the desktop and you should be good to go, you might need to add shortcuts for JSGME and the UPupdater as well, but il2fb is the only vital one.

Or just click through to the current location and double-click il2fb.exe - that'll work too!

Jabo

HI Streak,

For me I would'nt run my games from an external hard drive. I'dd rather run them from my C:\ drive or d:\ drive if you have made a partition. Are you running on 64 bit ? because if you do you'll have to copy your games from your external hard drives and install them under c:\Program Files (x86) folder because IL2 is not a 64 bit software. So, all you need to do is copy your games from your external HD and paste them into your C:\ drive and make your new short cuts on your desk top and thats it :)

Hope this helps.

MT

Okay I got the game on C: and it runs...well sorta.

Once it loads and comes up to the first options screen my mouse pointer freezes then hops to the current location over and over. It's nearly impossible to get it on what you want to click. Do I need to run it in XP Mode (which I'll be downloading later) to smooth it out?

Also got TS installed last night so it would be great if someone would PM me the dogz address & password.

Not so fast. Many times when I start the game the cursor is on the screen but I can't move it(or more often when I've gone to the desktop).

Windows key out to the desktop, click on the IL2 bar on the taskbar and the game should come up with the cursor under your control. Sometimes twice ...

If that isn't it or I'm not understanding the issue then I guess you're in trouble.

With a new HD I'm pretty sure you'll have to perform a proper install to put stuff in the app data section and registry etc etc.

You can make copies and they'll work but I think you need a proper installation.

IL2 cares nothing about registry.

You can go delete its registry anytime you like and it will still run perfectly.

It's always been this way.

Now the Download version may differ, but a boxed, CD/DVD depending on the version you own, or are trying to use does not.

Years ago, when the install was smaller I'd put it on a usb drive and take it to work to show off tracks.

I've moved form machine to machine several times.

I used to install it on a junk machine then copy the folder, just to keep sercrom off of my gaming rig.

• 2. Administrators

HI Streak,For me I would'nt run my games from an external hard drive

+1 because the seek and access times on USB external drives are much longer than on normal internal drives (I didn't read the bit that said 'external' in your original post)

Are you running on 64 bit ? because if you do you'll have to copy your games from your external hard drives and install them under c:\Program Files (x86) folder because IL2 is not a 64 bit software. So, all you need to do is copy your games from your external HD and paste them into your C:\ drive and make your new short cuts on your desk top and thats it :)

Yes BUT if you're running under Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit) DON'T put the game folder in either the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folders as the game needs to have access to some files that Windows blocks.

I advise you to create a new folder for example c:\IL2\ and put your game folder into there. The path to my installation is D:\IL-2 1946 (4.10.1)\ as I wanted it on a different partition (actually different drive but you get the picture) to Windows 7, and as I have multiple installations of the game I like to be able to identify the variations at a glance.

Once you're done place shortcuts on your desktop to the game and JSGME and voila!

Jabo

P.S. Teamspeak server info is here

If your game backup/install is not corrupt.

Then you have a hardwar/driver issue.

You have installed all mobo drivers, video, and sound correct?

Can you post your dxdiag?

Ummm.....yep. I had updated Mobo drivers, sound card drivers, and many others. But I had forgotten to update my graphics drivers. Shes running smooth as silk now.

Also updated all my Saitek drivers and unfortunately had to install the new SST software for the X-52. That means my old profiles are not compatible and I'll have to start recreating them this weekend.

Thanks for all the help. Hope to see ya all in the skies again soon.

Yep, just put a shortcut to the il2fb.exe file on the desktop and you should be good to go, you might need to add shortcuts for JSGME and the UPupdater as well, but il2fb is the only vital one.

Or just click through to the current location and double-click il2fb.exe - that'll work too!

Jabo

Has JSGME been updated to work with 4.10.1 or have you guys just figured out something?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Jabo

Has JSGME been updated to work with 4.10.1 or have you guys just figured out something?

UP 2.01 has been updated, if you run upupdater, it should add a 4.10.1m, which you can activate all by itself, similar to 4.09m and 4.10m, so you when you fire it up, you will be running stock 4.10.1m.

See below...

post-465-0-34123500-1299080816_thumb.jpg