New Dell?

Bucky

• 2. Administrators

i am so close to buying this at the moment, my finger keeps hovering above buy, lol,

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-153-OK&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1812

factory overclocked GTX580 with 3 gig :goodjob:

same specs as the one you've linked, but done by the parent company.

slightly less cooling than the gainward, but still more than the nvidia reference board.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx for the input guys,

@BG,I checked out the pricematch,and I found about 4 or 5 things for a lower price.

@Kimo,your info helped me make up my mind on a couple of choices.

I still haven't really made up my mind on the video card.That's about the only thing that's left I guess.I still will look into the store here and explore my options.It makes me feel pretty good that I now know quite a few things about all this.I'll be a well informed potential customer the next time I talk to the guy,and ncix too.

one thing about dealing with ncix,when you select the pc builder tool,you have to chose from a list of pre-built machines,(same as dell).And then customize to suit your taste.You are limited somewhat by the choices you have.

Although I was able to get most things that were on my list,I had to make a few changes.It's ok though,as they were only minor adjustments.I'm still quite satisfied with the end result choices.The final total is $2100.00.That's below my original budget of 2500.

I'd like your thoughts on this network card thingy....

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=53495&vpn=900317&manufacture=VISIONTEK

the homepage....

http://www.bigfootnetworks.com/killer-2100/

• 1. DDz Quorum

From the link you posted:

"Featuring Advanced Game Detectâ„¢, Killerâ„¢ 2100 automatically classifies and accelerates traffic to your game ahead of other network traffic for maximum Performance, Intelligence and Control and a competitive edge."

Well, if you have a very very fast Internet connection, ánd there's a whole lot of traffic on your local network, ánd your system has other networking tasks at hand while you are gaming, yes then adding this card may benefit the systems performance when on-line.

(From some review: "my ping in wow went from 200ms using on-board realtek nic to 35ms"

This is just silly! In this case, he/she must've had the on-board nic setup in a completely messed up way... )

Maybe Jabo can add something sensible to these types of cards...

I'd rather spend the money on improving other computerparts or peripherals, or on beer. B)

• 2. Administrators

Duuno about sensible FT, but I can't see the point of a gamimg NIC. Given that most mainboards these days ship with a gigabit NIC, your network speed is limited by, well, the network, not the network card.

FWIW Bucky, I'd be inclined to keep that $100 in your pocket for something else.

Jabo

• 2 weeks later...